Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

I very much doubt this new Wiim is a Class A/B amp, too small. It is probably based on one of the Class D chips from TI or STMicroelectronics.

Nothing wrong with Class D and a minimalist amp like the Wiim, if that floats your boat.

For not a lot of money and way more flexibility, I would not discount the Denon I mentioned a few posts back.

As for subs, +1 for the L12, I have one 😄. Paired with a couple of the original 340SE no less. Match made in heaven. It sounds wonderful with music and more than adequate for movies. Sitting about 10ft from it, I can feel the vibration through my feet when the LFE channel digs deep. I wish I could add a second one, not much space in the room though!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    I very much doubt this new Wiim is a Class A/B amp, too small. It is probably based on one of the Class D chips from TI or STMicroelectronics.

Nothing wrong with Class D and a minimalist amp like the Wiim, if that floats your boat.
    It is definitely not class A/B.

There are a few of us here that use class D in our main setups. I love my Purifi based amp.
    -curtis

Appears everyone in this thread has a Rythmik sub. Got some education on subs and their differences via Nemo Propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundlman View Post
    Appears everyone in this thread has a Rythmik sub. Got some education on subs and their differences via Nemo Propaganda.
    I just watched one of his subwoofer reviews.
    One HUGE thing is leaves out is bass is HEAVILY influenced by the room. Applying the correct EQ to any subwoofer in any room is a must.

Anyways...this is a 340SE2 thread. Maybe you should start a separate thread for overall system advice.
    -curtis

Not necessary, I’m done here. Thanks to those of you who were helpful.
    Like curt mentioned, this is an ascend Thread. Posed same question to AVS. I received a lot of helpful ideas with different points on why they like certain products, with advice. And if they saw a typo, they didn’t feel the need to correct me on it since the word was used earlier in the post. Yuck

Quote Originally Posted by Grundlman View Post
    And if they saw a typo, they didn’t feel the need to correct me on it since the word was used earlier in the post. Yuck
    Sorry you took that the wrong way. I seriously thought Lorenz was a brand I didn't know.
    I still don't know what you meant by "KM".
    Good luck on your search, and if you end up with Ascends, I hope you let us know how they work out.
    -curtis

So, I want to both upgrade my 340s to the new ones (if I don’t get them for Christmas I’m making the purchase on December 25th myself) and add rear surrounds for a 7.2.4 system.

Do you guys think it makes sense to just get another TP-24 stand and use the older 340s for my rear surrounds, or would that not be high enough? Alternatively, I could purchase another pair of CBM 170s (my surround speakers currently) and use those as surrounds and rear surrounds.

I’m not sure if the height of the TP-24 and the 340 would be an issue… I figured it would be a way to save a little money but usually I have surrounds just slightly above ear level and tilted down. Would love some input from everyone on this

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    So, I want to both upgrade my 340s to the new ones (if I don’t get them for Christmas I’m making the purchase on December 25th myself) and add rear surrounds for a 7.2.4 system.

Do you guys think it makes sense to just get another TP-24 stand and use the older 340s for my rear surrounds, or would that not be high enough? Alternatively, I could purchase another pair of CBM 170s (my surround speakers currently) and use those as surrounds and rear surrounds.

I’m not sure if the height of the TP-24 and the 340 would be an issue… I figured it would be a way to save a little money but usually I have surrounds just slightly above ear level and tilted down. Would love some input from everyone on this
    Hi Trevor,

If the tweeter on the 340's will clear your couch when positioned as surrounds, then the 340's will be terrific as surrounds. If the tweeter won't clear, best to go with the 170's or a pair of our 200's.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Trevor,

If the tweeter on the 340's will clear your couch when positioned as surrounds, then the 340's will be terrific as surrounds. If the tweeter won't clear, best to go with the 170's or a pair of our 200's.
    The top half of the speaker clears, but it is partially blocked by the couch on the bottom half of the speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The top half of the speaker clears, but it is partially blocked by the couch on the bottom half of the speaker.
    Maybe taller stands so the tweeter clears completely?
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD