Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

The best bang for the buck just got even more bangin'!!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I would imagine the center is no different than the mains, but I am sure Dave will let us know.
    I would have thought this as well, but in the Sierra thread over at AVS Forums Dave recently mentioned that the current 340SE center has a different crossover from the 340SE mains. I did not know this previously. It appears the crossover is different in the center to deal with the horizontal placement and different dispersion pattern, versus the mains in a vertical orientation.

I am guessing that Dave is likely doing the same here with the new versions of the 340s, and perhaps still has to do some development work for the crossover on a center version.
    Last edited by dislocatedday; 11-04-2022 at 07:27 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I would have thought this as well, but in the Sierra thread over at AVS Forums Dave recently mentioned that the current 340SE center has a different crossover from the 340SE mains. I did not know this previously. It appears the crossover is different in the center to deal with the horizontal placement and different dispersion pattern, versus the mains in a vertical orientation.

I am guessing that Dave is likely doing the same here with the new versions of the 340s, and perhaps still has to do some development work for the crossover on a center version.
    Yes, the difference was due to how people placed their center channels when the 340 was first introduced years ago. The situation is a bit different now.

That said, we'll see what Dave says.

Nonetheless, a great speaker. Got to briefly hear it the last time I was at Ascend.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Yes, the difference was due to how people placed their center channels when the 340 was first introduced years ago. The situation is a bit different now.

That said, we'll see what Dave says.

Nonetheless, a great speaker. Got to briefly hear it the last time I was at Ascend.
    Perhaps it was these Curtis, that you heardC6DDBCB9-46D6-4748-801D-776997804232.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Perhaps it was these Curtis, that you heardC6DDBCB9-46D6-4748-801D-776997804232.jpeg
    Hey!! How did you know??
    -curtis

Just a hunch! Granted our listening was limited (and factoring in what we were hearing beforehand) but they sounded great! Can’t wait for my pair to replace my garage 340se’s. I was pleased to see an even higher sensitivity, I blast mine with 200w each so I can hear them from my yard

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Just a hunch! Granted our listening was limited (and factoring in what we were hearing beforehand) but they sounded great! Can’t wait for my pair to replace my garage 340se’s. I was pleased to see an even higher sensitivity, I blast mine with 200w each so I can hear them from my yard
    You fly to Cali just to hear these?

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Among other things, ha! We happened to have been in San Diego and Dave was kind enough to host a listening session.

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    LOL!! I'm not merrymaid, but a family vacay to California isn't complete without a visit to Ascend Acoustics!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    In summary, the 340SE2 now has a sensitivity of 92dB anechoic, 96dB typical in-room.
    WOW.

That's bananas. Dave the mad scientist, at it again. Very impressive indeed.

What this tells me is that we all should have chipped in and bought Dave a Klippel years ago.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.