Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

The BEAST arrived today and got it all hooked up. I love everything about it and what can I say that hasn't been said already. For me it's even more so because It's replacing a 20+ year old speaker. First thing i noticed when I ran room correction my levels went from -1.0 to -5.5. So there's that great sensitivity of the 340SE2. It's loud, it's dynamic. The dialogue is super. I can't wait to get the mains now!!

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    The BEAST arrived today and got it all hooked up. I love everything about it and what can I say that hasn't been said already. For me it's even more so because It's replacing a 20+ year old speaker. First thing i noticed when I ran room correction my levels went from -1.0 to -5.5. So there's that great sensitivity of the 340SE2. It's loud, it's dynamic. The dialogue is super. I can't wait to get the mains now!!
    Nice! I had a strong hunch you would very much enjoy the 340SE2 center Our customer satisfaction rate on 340SE2 is, to be quite frank, simply remarkable and completely off the charts!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hello All,
    I plan on buying a pair of the CMT-340S, but wanna make sure I get all my ducks in a row first. I’m building a 2.1 set up from scratch so I need to buy an integrated amplifier subwoofer down the line, and a way for these towers to fit in the room. 2 questions:

1. I would like to buy the Marantz NR 1200 integrated amplifier. Am I able to use that amp at six ohms with these speakers? And I plan on adding a speed woofer down the line. Lorenz does have a low pass filter, is this good enough to make sure the speakers and the subwoofer play nicely?
    2. Given the future speaker placement, and where my TV is mounted, the ascend tower stands will shoot the tweeter too high. Has anyone used a shorter stand for the speakers? I would like to use stands above anything else. And can these speakers even be mounted to a wall?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grundlman View Post
    Hello All,
    I plan on buying a pair of the CMT-340S, but wanna make sure I get all my ducks in a row first. I’m building a 2.1 set up from scratch so I need to buy an integrated amplifier subwoofer down the line, and a way for these towers to fit in the room. 2 questions:

1. I would like to buy the Marantz NR 1200 integrated amplifier. Am I able to use that amp at six ohms with these speakers? And I plan on adding a speed woofer down the line. Lorenz does have a low pass filter, is this good enough to make sure the speakers and the subwoofer play nicely?
    2. Given the future speaker placement, and where my TV is mounted, the ascend tower stands will shoot the tweeter too high. Has anyone used a shorter stand for the speakers? I would like to use stands above anything else. And can these speakers even be mounted to a wall?
    Thanks!
    The Marantz is fine (you have a typo and it came out "Lorenz" when you reference low pass).

How far will you be sitting from the speakers, and how much higher will the tweeters be than ear level?

I know some have mounted the 340 to the wall, but it is not a small speaker and would need some strong mounts.
    -curtis

Thanks Curtis. Besides, the tweeter at ear level, mouthing might just be a better fit. And if I can save money on a third-party stand or mount over the ascend stand, it would help. I saw another owner say these worked well http://www.btechavmounts.com/product.../products/bt77

Regarding the amp preamp decision, I’m also considering the bluesound node with an amplifier. If anyone could recommend a suitable amplifier, that will help me too. Just wanna make sure I set the speakers up to KM in the house. Primary listening for movies, TV and music.

How far back do you sit and how high will your ears be?

What features do you want in a receiver? Let's start there. What is KM?
    -curtis

I'm so impressed with the 340SE2 I ordered it's baby brother the 200SE for center duty in my other room.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    I'm so impressed with the 340SE2 I ordered it's baby brother the 200SE for center duty in my other room.
    While it's smaller, the 200 is actually older than the 340.
    -curtis

KM, poorly interpreted dictation, I’ll start proofreading. I meant a suitable amplifier given a 2.1 set up, nothing that’s too powerful and will knock my house over, but powerful enough to get the most out of these great speakers besides db level.

Square family room, 12 x 12, 4th side open, leading to kitchen. Primarily the speakers will be used for music and movies/TV. Mounted LG G3 w/ cabinet underneath where the integrated amplifier, Apple TV4K, PS5, and router will be housed. Already have a Klipsch sub which I may replace. The TV plus Apple box serve as my streamer. That’s why I’m looking for a quality amp suited for a 2.1 set up, but includes HDMI and ethernet. Some really awesome integrated amps, Cambridge for example, don’t have both HDMI and Ethernet.

Sorry if too in depth. AVS members were really helpful in education and help on picking out the speakers, which has led me here. Finalizing the physical set up along with choosing an integrated amp/AVR/or whatever is my next stop on the journey. A few members were really cool and helpfull getting me up to date, then they provided recommendations, which led me here. I narrowed things down to the ascend and a few other floor-standings > (Martin Logan Motion Foundation F1, SVS Prime tower, Kef Q550, Arendal 1961, and a few others.) I hope I’m making the right decision on the ascend, I just wish I could hear all of them with a reference track and the same amp at the same time, not a chance in 2023. My goal is to land on a combination of LR + Amp that leads to the best sound quality for my music library with a price tag around $2k.

No idea how it may sound, this one seems a good fit on paper:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_033DRA...-DRA-900H.html

2x100W (plenty for the 340SE2 sensitivity), HDMI, Ethernet, Bluetooth and more.

Or, for something supposedly more upscale:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_642STR...tereo-70s.html

2x75W (but it really means just 1dB less than a 100W-ch receiver), with HDMI, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.