Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

I'm getting ready to order the center channel. At the last second I gave the Duo a second lookout when I called she said the Duo won't be available till next year. So the 340SE2 is what the universe wants me to have. This speaker's bass capabilities is being underestimated according to the measurements. I've been comparing to many speakers measured on the Klippel from the two websites and it puts out just as much if not more bass than many speakers especially compared to other centers. Even the SVS Ultra bookshelf. Now I know listening to it is another story but I don't have the privilege. The 170SE seems to have good bass on the measurements but the reviewers say it has no bass so who knows. I'm not worried about it I'll ordering the 340SE2 center very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    I'm getting ready to order the center channel. At the last second I gave the Duo a second lookout when I called she said the Duo won't be available till next year. So the 340SE2 is what the universe wants me to have. This speaker's bass capabilities is being underestimated according to the measurements. I've been comparing to many speakers measured on the Klippel from the two websites and it puts out just as much if not more bass than many speakers especially compared to other centers. Even the SVS Ultra bookshelf. Now I know listening to it is another story but I don't have the privilege. The 170SE seems to have good bass on the measurements but the reviewers say it has no bass so who knows. I'm not worried about it I'll ordering the 340SE2 center very soon.
    One should never attempt to compare bass response from one speaker to another from reviewers. Bass performance is fully dependent on room acoustics and placement. Anechoic measurements are really the only way, so you are doing the right thing by comparing measurements. Yes, the 340SE2 easily compares with the majority of centers and similarly designed speakers with regards to bass. I wouldn't be surprised if the 340SE2 is the class leader for bass performance for a non-tower speaker with a minimum of 92dB anechoic sensitivity, regardless of price.

I think we might have priced these too low. Based on objective measurements, 340SE2 easily compares with Arendal 1723, at less than 1/3 the price.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    One should never attempt to compare bass response from one speaker to another from reviewers. Bass performance is fully dependent on room acoustics and placement. Anechoic measurements are really the only way, so you are doing the right thing by comparing measurements. Yes, the 340SE2 easily compares with the majority of centers and similarly designed speakers with regards to bass. I wouldn't be surprised if the 340SE2 is the class leader for bass performance for a non-tower speaker with a minimum of 92dB anechoic sensitivity, regardless of price.

I think we might have priced these too low. Based on objective measurements, 340SE2 easily compares with Arendal 1723, at less than 1/3 the price.
    Well I finally did it. I ordered the center channel this morning. Can't wait till it arrives and run room correction. Eventually I'll get the mains hopefully for Christmas.

Not at this time. CBM-170's are a classic for us and still sell very well to consumers and professionals. I am not quite sure what we will do in this regard.
    Has anything changed wrt updated 170s?

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    Well I finally did it. I ordered the center channel this morning. Can't wait till it arrives and run room correction. Eventually I'll get the mains hopefully for Christmas.
    Thanks for getting the order in! I am fully confident that you will love the 340SE2 center Please don't overdo it with regard to room correction, limit it (if you can) from around 300Hz and lower.
    Last edited by davef; 10-20-2023 at 04:49 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    Has anything changed wrt updated 170s?
    We have not made any changes to the 170's since we released the CBM-170SE.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

We have not made any changes to the 170's since we released the CBM-170SE.
    Yeah, I probably worded that poorly. What I meant was, in your January post, you weren't sure whether you would do a Klippel optimized 170SE2 or not. I was curious if you've made a decision there. I can't help but notice after the extreme flurry of new products in 2022, 2023 has been quiet. I'm sure you're cooking up something good...

maybe quiet on new products but seems like they've been busy building/testing/shipping upgrade kits :-)
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Thanks for getting the order in! I am fully confident that you will love the 340SE2 center Please don't overdo it with regard to room correction, limit it (if you can) from around 300Hz and lower.
    I don't think my Pioneer MCACC PRO gives me that type of control. i don't think it does unless there's some way around it. I'm going to run Auto with speakers set to small and crossed to sub at 80HZ. It will give me three different settings. Symmetry, All-channel adjust and Front Align. I'll see which EQ sounds the best.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    Yeah, I probably worded that poorly. What I meant was, in your January post, you weren't sure whether you would do a Klippel optimized 170SE2 or not. I was curious if you've made a decision there. I can't help but notice after the extreme flurry of new products in 2022, 2023 has been quiet. I'm sure you're cooking up something good...
    It's a complicated situation. I really do not want to increase the pricing on the CBM-170SE, and any variation or change will trigger new costing, resulting in a speaker that would likely now be in the $400 price range. For a speaker that uses such high quality parts - with assembly, testing, packaging here in the states, it has become nearly impossible to offer a product like this below $400, even $500 in most cases.

It is really quite challenging and I do not want to cut corners by going with a mass produced in Asia tweeter, compared to our current custom made in Norway SEAS tweeter.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com