Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Default Re: And here it is, the 340SE2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmuffin View Post
    Can the new 340SE2 be placed horizontally for L/R or is that not recommended? I am looking for something to fit my limited front stage space. I would them match with the 340SE2 center, 2 subwoofers and additional surrounds. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Yes, and we have many customer using them this way. You will get better coverage throughout the room if you can place the left/right vertically, but if you are sitting mostly in the middle of the speakers, orientation won't matter much.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by krogers321 View Post
    Just an update as I lost time enjoying the new 340SE2s. I don't have any quantitative data, but they sound awesome. They were packaged VERY well, & even with a subwoofer they have a decent amount of bass. The best compliment I could give them is the large sound stage. I don't really notice any "sweet spots". I walk around the large living room and it just sounds big, loud, and very clear without noticeable distortion. They run well on my simple Denon AVR and they look good too.

Very happy I went with these!
    Excellent and thank you for posting your impressions. Very happy to hear that you are enjoying the 340SE2!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I bought 3x 340SEs along with 2x 170SEs wayyyy back in 2009. They've served me incredibly well and are currently being used in my dedicated home theater.

We're currently doing some updates to our basement (including theater) which got me looking at random upgrades, and I was shocked to see that a new version of the 340s has been released. I now have a HUGE itch to upgrade... but with us spending so much money on basement reno already, I'm also a bit reluctant. I know I'm asking a biased crowd here, but is the difference in v1 and v2 immediately noticeable? I mainly use my home theater for movies and games. I rarely listen to any music in that area. Bass isn't a huge concern, as along with the speakers I also have a SVS PC13 Ultra as well as 2x Full Marty subs (18" drivers in each). HOWEVER, more mid-bass would certainly be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by prophecy0 View Post
    I bought 3x 340SEs along with 2x 170SEs wayyyy back in 2009. They've served me incredibly well and are currently being used in my dedicated home theater.

We're currently doing some updates to our basement (including theater) which got me looking at random upgrades, and I was shocked to see that a new version of the 340s has been released. I now have a HUGE itch to upgrade... but with us spending so much money on basement reno already, I'm also a bit reluctant. I know I'm asking a biased crowd here, but is the difference in v1 and v2 immediately noticeable? I mainly use my home theater for movies and games. I rarely listen to any music in that area. Bass isn't a huge concern, as along with the speakers I also have a SVS PC13 Ultra as well as 2x Full Marty subs (18" drivers in each). HOWEVER, more mid-bass would certainly be welcome.
    Hi Prophecy0,

Very pleased to hear that you have been enjoying the 340SE and 170's for so long now.

Yes, the upgrade from 340SE to 340SE2 is quite considerable - basically, every performance aspect of the 340SE has been significantly improved upon, aside from bass extension, which is a moot point because you have excellent subwoofers.

Please feel free to reach out directly if we can be of any assistance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

LooksFab Dave, My 340SE is STILL ROCKING EVERYDAY as my center. I wouldn't have another.
    Thanks brother!

340 are TOUGH

I have a Cambridge CxA60 amp and my ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 3-way bookshelf speakers are not cutting it. They sound dull and lifeless in my room.
    Someone on another forum suggested trying 340SE2 and they look interesting! I listen at fairly low volumes and do not intend to add a sub (condo living).
    Thanks for any feedback regarding this pairing!

Quote Originally Posted by dbonin360 View Post
    I have a Cambridge CxA60 amp and my ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 3-way bookshelf speakers are not cutting it. They sound dull and lifeless in my room.
    Someone on another forum suggested trying 340SE2 and they look interesting! I listen at fairly low volumes and do not intend to add a sub (condo living).
    Thanks for any feedback regarding this pairing!
    That was me :-).
    Ascend speakers are pretty easy to drive. As noted on the other forum, I’ve not heard them and, based on specs, bass may be a bit lacking but looks as good as or slightly better then your current speakers. Plus, they are alot more efficient so need less power for same loudness
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    That was me :-).
    Ascend speakers are pretty easy to drive. As noted on the other forum, I’ve not heard them and, based on specs, bass may be a bit lacking but looks as good as or slightly better then your current speakers. Plus, they are alot more efficient so need less power for same loudness
    Thanks for leading me here! and than you for your suggestions.

No worries.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD