Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Default Re: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I have 2 dual Rythmik systems as well! My living room HT setup has dual front ported LV12's.
    Wow! We have very similar tastes! Duals may be overkill, but I sure smile every time a movie plays with any content below 20hz

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Wow! We have very similar tastes! Duals may be overkill, but I sure smile every time a movie plays with any content below 20hz
    I don't think duals are overkill (dual Rythmik E15HPs in my setup). Also using a miniDSP to EQ/dial them in prior to running ARC Genesis on them to any final touch-ups. Also added some Crowson actuators to enhance tactile feel.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I don't think duals are overkill (dual Rythmik E15HPs in my setup). Also using a miniDSP to EQ/dial them in prior to running ARC Genesis on them to any final touch-ups. Also added some Crowson actuators to enhance tactile feel.
    True! It does provide a much better integration and room response! I think the everyday (non audiophile) person would think its overkill...I know folks who visit my place look at my setup and go "why do you need so many speakers and why are they so huge?". LOL!

I just ordered the EX to EX2 upgrade package and have a silly question - the current EX crossovers that I will be swapping out - can they be used in another pair of normal S2's that I use in a different setup? I am guessing "probably not" is the answer as that kit has a different woofer to install to get the full EX experience, but I thought'd I'd check. Can't wait for the EX2 kit to get here!

Edit: fixed typo.
    Last edited by MrGuru; 02-10-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Not sure I understand your question. You'd have EX, not EX2 cross-overs left over. I don't think you can use them in normal S2's as the woofer is different. You may want to see if you can get the old EX woofer (or just upgrade the S2's to EXV2)
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Yes, sorry - typo. I meant using the old EX crossovers in a normal S2.

figured that's what you meant. Same amswer as before - likely not due to woofer being different.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGuru View Post
    Yes, sorry - typo. I meant using the old EX crossovers in a normal S2.
    Not recommended, the EX crossover is designed to see the EX woofer, not the S2 woofer.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Just did a Sierra-2 to EX V2 upgrade. Funny findings.

My current Sierra-2’s were sent to me about five years ago as warrantied replacements after one of the original Chinese-manufactured gloss finished cabinets developed a split. The Chinese gloss ones were no longer made so I was offered American-made bamboo cabinets. There was always a slight rattling noise in one speaker but sound quality was never an issue. I figured one of the wires was just tapping on the bracing.

Anyway, I remove the tweeter and woofer and what do I see? An acorn and a few nuts…. I know I didn’t have a squirrel infestation inside my house. I had to guess some critter was thinking about storing away some food and getting in/out through the porthole.

Dave, did you have any squirrel issues some years ago? LOL.

Love the Sierra-2EX V2 upgrade!
    Ok. Completely unrelated to my above upgrade. I purchased another pair of Sierra-2EX’s off one forum member’s estate last year (he lived in rural Illinois, and I assume the speakers were sitting in his garage for a period of time before they were sent to me) and I finally swapped the crossovers to V2.

What do I see? One speaker contained a few mouse droppings. The other speaker had numerous seeds within it. I guess they do make a perfect rodent hangout.

I could only chuckle and shake my head. Again, I could hear the improvement. It’s amazing what a well designed crossover can do with the identical drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Ok. Completely unrelated to my above upgrade. I purchased another pair of Sierra-2EX’s off one forum member’s estate last year (he lived in rural Illinois, and I assume the speakers were sitting in his garage for a period of time before they were sent to me) and I finally swapped the crossovers to V2.

What do I see? One speaker contained a few mouse droppings. The other speaker had numerous seeds within it. I guess they do make a perfect rodent hangout.

I could only chuckle and shake my head. Again, I could hear the improvement. It’s amazing what a well designed crossover can do with the identical drivers.
    Ha - that's funny!

We recently performed an ELX upgrade on a pair of towers for a customer. During testing and moving the speaker around, I heard some noise that concerned me. We couldn't find the issue until we took the woofers back out and then Joe reached into the bottom of the cabinet where the port tube is and found 3 little foam balls. They looked like the small balls some nerf guns shoot. I believe we returned these to the customer
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com