Thread: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New: Sierra-2EX V2!!!

Hi Dave,

Do you have any idea when the domestic cabinet will be back in stock? I'm very interested in the Sierra-2EX V2 but would want the domestic cabinet. I currently have Sierra-2s and would assume the Sierra-2EX V2 would be a big improvement. Thanks!

Take care, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Billmac58 View Post
    Hi Dave,

Do you have any idea when the domestic cabinet will be back in stock? I'm very interested in the Sierra-2EX V2 but would want the domestic cabinet. I currently have Sierra-2s and would assume the Sierra-2EX V2 would be a big improvement. Thanks!

Take care, Bill
    I believe Dave's domestic cabinet builder fell victim to the current economic conditions and is no longer able to build them. Those who have the domestic cabinets have a high-value commodity!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I believe Dave's domestic cabinet builder fell victim to the current economic conditions and is no longer able to build them. Those who have the domestic cabinets have a high-value commodity!
    Thank you Ed for your reply! That's a bummer. I had a chance to buy a used pair of Sierra-2EXs in satin black with the domestic cabinet for $1100 awhile back. Now I'm really regretting not buying them :-(!

Unless you still need the S2's, if they are in domestic cabinets, why not upgrade them?
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Thank you Ed for your reply! That's a bummer. I had a chance to buy a used pair of Sierra-2EXs in satin black with the domestic cabinet for $1100 awhile back. Now I'm really regretting not buying them :-(!
    I have a pair of Sierra 2EX,upgraded from Sierra NrT, in gloss cherry. Don't know if they are domestic or foreign, but I'd guess domestic. Right now I'm looking into V2 upgrade, but if that doesn't work out I may consider a sale. Excellent shape, no smoke with original box etc...

With all the talk about people planning to upgrade their towers, I feel less guilty about spending $290 to upgrade my 2-EXs. Order placed!

Hi Dave,

Take care, Bill
    Hey Bill - hope all is well!

Unfortunately, unless things take a drastic change for the better in this current economy - manufacturing speaker cabinets here in the US has now become next to impossible. This is due to several reasons.

Most importantly, costs - labor, lumber and paint costs are now 3-4 times what they were 18 months ago. We would have to charge nearly double the old prices for domestic cabinets to remain even somewhat profitable. ( no one is going to pay that )

Secondly, California environmental policies have gone a bit crazy - every paint / dye we used had to be reformulated to meet these new standards and, to be honest, the quality is simply horrible now.

Lastly, due to continuing supply chain issues and massive labor shortages, our quoted lead times went from 3-4 months to 1 year. Sadly, we can't operate with 1 year lead times - I am not sure any company could.

I do hope things change for the better, I would love to build our cabinets here again - we invested heavily in building cabinets here, it is shocking to me how in the course of about a year - everything changed. In my near 40-years in this industry, I have never experienced anything like this before.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yeah, it seems to be the State of the Union here (cost increases, labor shortages, etc.). I think Europe is in even worse shape - almost time to buy euros (down around 10% and almost on par at 1.03 to 1) and/or British pounds (similarly, down around 30% at 1.09 to 1) as both are beaten up pretty heavily versus the dollar. Brazilian reals are even a better bargain (5.1 vs typical 2 or 2.5 to 1) - so much that we bought some land in Brazil as a currency play.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD