Quote Originally Posted by tdercole View Post
Where to start.

A little background, I am a proud owner of 2008 Sierra 1s, they have been going strong till today. I have had an opportunity to listen to a decent amount of high end speakers. I would say the top 2 speakers I have listened to have been the Sierra 2s and Elac Vela BS 403's.

Being an 80s kid I always remember blasting my fathers big tower speakers, putting them in my bedroom window so I could hear the music while playing basketball, I drove my amps like I drive my car 0 and 100%, no such thing as to loud. J/K

For the Money the Sierra 1s are pretty tough to beat. They got me into the audiophile arena and I haven't regretted my purchase, ever.

I currently am a proud owner of the Sierra LX's, I have been putting them through the ringer for the past 3 weeks and I do not plan on stopping anytime soon. Where the Sierra 1s would start to break up and lose composure when the volume got a wee bit high the LX's laugh and chest bump. They are capable of throwing a huge sound stage, disappearing in the room and never drawing attention to themselves, oh did i say they like power?

Woofer, the linear travel is real folks, these little things can move, pretty crazy to watch. They do have a limit though so be careful with bass heavy music. I rarely enjoy the Bass from my sub anymore (outlaw LFM-EX). The LX bass is tight and controlled and with some tracks can play very deep.

Tweeter, This one I was a little skeptical of, I have had many sleepless nights due to cheap metal domes ringing the night away. Rest assured Dave said this would not have the negative side affects that come with metal domes, He was right. The Titan can play very loud while staying clean, distortion free and with no ringing, Its incredible. Although it does not have the accuracy and detail of the RAAL or AMT in the Vela its pretty close.

If you are a younger person or are still a kid at heart the LX is for you, do not sleep on this purchase, the LX's is your ticket to the 80's again. Even though they play loud they still sound just as good with low volumes.

Dave, Dina and the workers at Ascend I could not thank you for all your hard work and dedication to producing affordable amazing sounding speakers. Ascend is a company that truly cares about its consumers and great sound, not the money. Their products speak for themselves and that speaks volume to what they are really about. I have not seen quality control or attention to detail like this before.

That's enough finger mumbling, back to the music.

Thank you,
Tommy D
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for your nice comments about us. Comments like these mean the world to us!