Thread: Tube Amplifier with Serria 2EXs

Default Tube Amplifier with Serria 2EXs

I have owned a pair of 2EXs for a couple of years (March of 2020 I think) I have tried several different amplifiers with them and always liked the sound but I was never completely satisfied with the pairings.

I decided to purchase a Willsenton R8 with PSVANE KT88 output tubes and I have been listening to it for a few months. I am absolutely blown away by the sound every time I listen to the system. There is something about this combination in my room that is perfect.

I think of the 2EXs as very detailed speakers that go well with a very detailed amp but there is something about this combination that is special.

Does anyone else experiment with tube amps?

Default Re: Tube Amplifier with Serria 2EXs

I run a Rogue Audio ST100 with my RAAL Towers and, previously Rogue’s Magnum (pure amp, not the integrated version)

Works great in my system/room

I've always been a big nervous to, my tube amp from the 70s has a bit of a pop when I start it up, not sure if that's safe for the raal ribbon. Curious others perspective on that

I just bought the EX v2’s and I’m running the Primaluna Evo 400. Can’t wait. Keep you posted!