Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sierra 2-EX vs Sierra LX

Default Re: Sierra 2-EX vs Sierra LX

Enjoy the difference! Obviously we are talking about two different speakers and design. If you prefer more highs on LX, try to toe them in to your mlp and on vertical axis .

I will give that a shot over this holiday weekend. Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by MDinno View Post
    To me this is a no brainer. There's no comparison between the Duo or LX as a center. LX all the way. I would even take the Sierra 1 over it. The Center needs to be every bit as capable as the mains. People underestimate just how much action the center speaker is responsible for. Just disconnect it during a movie and see for yourself. You have bass, action not just dialogue. Duo is good for a small room or if you have space constraints.
    I know this is an old post. But can someone explain why this is so obvious? I noticed the duo had smaller woofers. I figured it having to speakers it was the nicer model. Trying to understand the difference within the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by brett.w View Post
    I know this is an old post. But can someone explain why this is so obvious? I noticed the duo had smaller woofers. I figured it having to speakers it was the nicer model. Trying to understand the difference within the lineup.
    Many people have different needs / expectations for the center channel and there is a ton of misinformation out there. Smaller drivers provide wider dispersion, at the sacrifice of some efficiency.

The only center we offer that I can definitely say is "better" at all of the various performance characteristics is our Horizon. Otherwise, the choice of center comes down to:

1. What are you using for your left/right speakers?

2. Do you do most of your listening on-axis or off-axis? And if off-axis, how far off-axis?

3. How far back are you sitting from the center?

4. How important is reaching reference volume levels?

5. What are your placement options and space constraints for the center?

Many variables at play here...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi , I noticed that in the 100-300 hz range , the LX has much flatter response over the EX . What does this translate sonically and is it something i can eqed boost it on a pair of Ex?