Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Website is Live - please be patient - there might be downtime.

Default Re: New Website is Live - please be patient - there might be downtime.

Of course I immediately navigated to one of the photo galleries to see which of my images you used!

You have lots of great looking systems in the galleries! Great looking images all over, and I really like the drop down tabs at the top. They actually drop down and let you select the links in the menus instead of taking you to another page like the SVS site does.

I'm still flipping through it but everything seems to be working right. Another plus is it looks good in night mode. I exclusively use it and some sites are wonky in night mode.

Looks like the DNS change has propagated. Love the look of the new site!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Looks like the DNS change has propagated. Love the look of the new site!
    Yes, that was much faster than I anticipated and this forum and our email were (thankfully) not interrupted.

Now we have to change the look and links on this forum, but I'll likely take a much needed break first.

This website project literally took years. We started a long time ago, and had a new site just about ready to go live using Magento. But then Magento had a major update and if we had updated, all of our customizations would have been lost - and this would have happened for each update.

The company we hired for the new site then wanted a ton more $$$ to handle the update as it was far too complex for me. It was at that point I decided to cut our losses and realized Magento was NOT the right platform for us. At considerable cost to us, we completely scrapped that site and started fresh with a new website company to build a new site using Shopify.

Of course, that was when Covid hit and shut everything down here in Southern California...

Big learning curve for me, but so far I am quite pleased with the Shopify platform and our new site.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Looks great!

side note: The 340SE's are still less than $600/pr. I still think that is the best bang for the buck in Ascend's line-up!
    I could not agree more! 😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Agree - the new site looks great.

I didn't see the Sierra LX on the new site or the Sierra 2 (are you dropping the 2?).

Robert
    Hi Robert, we are in the process of adding the LX to the site (likely by tomorrow evening or so). Regarding Sierra-2, I don't think it makes much sense to keep the S2 in our lineup, the 2EX is the better speaker.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks, Dave. I agree that it doesn't make sense to keep the S2 in the line-up either.
    Best
    Robert
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

will the new site allow full res pictures to be posted versus having to downsize them currently?

Well, I was out of town for a long Easter weekend and did not have time to really look at this forum and check out the new website. It looks really nice Dave! Congrats on finally bringing it to life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    Of course I immediately navigated to one of the photo galleries to see which of my images you used!
    I was hoping to see mine there too, but I think I need to send it in again for Dave.
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    will the new site allow full res pictures to be posted versus having to downsize them currently?
    I am not sure I understand. Please clarify for me, thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com