Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New EverSolo DMP-A6 Streamer

Default New EverSolo DMP-A6 Streamer

Just picked up and installed a new streamer - the EverSolo DMP-A6.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamers-Str...0-5ec63b24bcb5

It's really nice looking (I really like the big screen) and easy to set up. Added a 2 TB SSD internally and transferred my music files. The phone App is pretty good also. I've not done a lot of serious listening but did do some casual listening the other day. Sounds really good both through Coax out (to my AVM70) and analog out (to my RP5). Think it's a keeper!

Not sure what I'll do with my previous Cambridge Audio CXNv2 - bring it to the other house in Rio or sell it (and pick up another A6 for Rio).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Default Re: New EverSolo DMP-A6 Streamer

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Just picked up and installed a new streamer - the EverSolo DMP-A6.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamers-Str...0-5ec63b24bcb5

It's really nice looking (I really like the big screen) and easy to set up. Added a 2 TB SSD internally and transferred my music files. The phone App is pretty good also. I've not done a lot of serious listening but did do some casual listening the other day. Sounds really good both through Coax out (to my AVM70) and analog out (to my RP5). Think it's a keeper!

Not sure what I'll do with my previous Cambridge Audio CXNv2 - bring it to the other house in Rio or sell it (and pick up another A6 for Rio).
    I've been eyeing the DMP-A6 because it can do multi-channel via HDMI.

By any chance, do you use Roon?

I currently use a RaspberryPi with RoPIEE as a Roon Bridge to an external DAC (Topping E50). It works and sounds great, but I am looking to step up in functionality.
    Last edited by curtis; 07-19-2023 at 06:57 AM.
    -curtis

Hi Curtis

I don't use Roon. Thinking about it but haven't made the leap yet. I need to look into it some more and see if there's a "free" trial.

I am still mostly vinyl but slowly dipping my foot into streaming :-)

As to streaming services, I've got Amazon music (since I'm a Prime member). Any thoughts/recommendations on the others (e.g. Tidal, Quboz, Apple, etc.)?
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Hi Curtis

I don't use Roon. Thinking about it but haven't made the leap yet. I need to look into it some more and see if there's a "free" trial.

As to streaming services, I've got Amazon music (since I'm a Prime member). Any thoughts/recommendations on the others (e.g. Tidal, Quboz, Apple, etc.)?
    I bought a lifetime subscription to Roon a few years ago (it was significantly less expensive than it is now) and I love it.
    I also built a dedicated Roon server for it (Intel NUC running ROCK...Roon's specific build for the Intel NUC). It runs as an appliance and I rarely touch it..it just sits next to my router.

I currently have Tidal and Qobuz, and using both via Roon. I need to let one go, still not 100% sure, but leaning toward keeping Qobuz.

Apple Music is interesting, but my only real experience is via Apple TV connected to my AVM 60, and my understanding that configuration limits the resolution. With the DMP-A6 you are supposed to get Apple's best quality(at least that is what I have read in one forum). So that would be interesting to try. BTW, multi-channel Apple Music was "meh" to "hmm, this is enjoyable".

I am also a Prime member, but have almost no experience with Amazon Music other than the occasional mistake playing a song on one of my Echos. So that would be interesting to try as well.
    -curtis

I use AppleMusic directly from my iPhone via Lightning to USB adapter to my Parasound P6's internal DAC. It sounds incredible! A friend brought over the latest version of Orchard Audio's Pecan Pi Streamer/DAC to compare. We hooked up the Pi with an Ethernet cable vs my iPhone using WI-FI. The Pi used its internal DAC and we hooked it to the P6 with XLR cables. My 2 buddies who were there both picked my humble Iphone streaming AppleMusic to the P6 over the Pi setup. Granted, the interface is not ideal as I have to keep my phone connected so moving it around makes you have to be careful. He was streaming Tidal on the Pi, non-MQA.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I have only Qobuz, so I can't compare it to other streaming services.

It was the first to offer all tracks/albums in uncompressed sound, has an excellent catalog of classical, jazz, and other acoustic music, and pays artists about 4x as much as other streaming services. It also offers a lot of albums in high-resolution versions.

But the sorting function is often bad, there are a lot of duplicate entries, and a number of mistakes (artist's names, keys of classical pieces), and it periodically freezes while playing a cut, so you have to forward to the next.

For the price, the pluses greatly outweigh the minuses for me, although I'd like to see improvements made.

Hi Curtis

Last edited by James; 07-19-2023 at 08:31 AM.

thanks, all, for the inputs on streaming services.

I'll continue to research and decide. From what I've read so far, I am leaning towards Qobuz although it may be "weaker" in rock/metal.

Yes, Roon is around $830 for a lifetime subscription now. I may do the free trial and then switch to a monthly plan for a bit to see how much use I get from it and if it really has value to me.

Yes, Roon is around $830 for a lifetime subscription now. I may do the free trial and then switch to a monthly plan for a bit to see how much use I get from it and if it really has value to me.
    yeah...I got in at $299 or $399. $830 is tough to swallow, but we pay that much for hardware like the EverSolo.

Anyways, if you have any questions about Roon, just let me know. I help moderate the Roon Fanatics group in Facebook.
    -curtis

Thanks Curtis. I plan to download the free trial later this week

Looks like the DMP-A6 is a pretty hot item. Now out of stock at Amazon with no date of new stock if any.
    -curtis