Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Big News! Something New, Something A Bit Different...

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hopefully, we will have Sierra-2EX owners also try this new speaker so that people will post their impressions too.
    Dave, in all seriousness, I volunteer. I've heard (and owned) every iteration of this speaker, have heard the Towers there at Ascend, and still have S1s, S1 NrTs, and S2-EXs. (Also Duos.) I am confident I can talk about how the new LXs compare to all its brothers.

If you send me an upgrade kit I'll upgrade my current Sierra-1s and do the comparison. I'm on sabbatical right now so I have time to do a thorough listening comparison side-by-side with the S2-EXs. I'll run a variety of genres from classical to jazz to soundtracks to metal and punk. And you know I will write a long and comprehensive review.

Note that I'm not fishing for a free upgrade—I mean, I'd certainly take it, but I am willing to pay—but I am fishing for one to be sent right away since my sabbatical isn't going to be for too much longer.

What do you think, Dave?
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlucci View Post
    Dave,

I have been following this thread for days now and find the idea and execution very interesting. Those are some very impressive graphs and numbers! I have an original set of Sierra-1's so if you can include pricing for an upgrade at some point that would be great. I am pretty sure I remember there is an upgrade option to the 2EX drivers, so I am interested in what or if there is one for this new setup.

Hey Jim - when you have some time, please send me an email about this. Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just knew something was happening in this mad scientist's laboratory. It's been far too quiet for far too long! New strategy to develop in total secrecy, but I understand how much easier it must be to not have to deal with constant questions, comments, and guesswork.

If I might ask, what is the bass extension of these new speakers?

Jay

Hey Dave, really awesome looking new speakers! I love the approach that you've taken with these. Any chance you'll be releasing distortion measurements for the LX? Even the regular Klippel distortion panel would be very enlightening on the performance of these new drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post

If I might ask, what is the bass extension of these new speakers?

Jay
    In Dave’s last update - “ Pricing, specs, availability, pre-order info and a summary coming tomorrow.”
    -curtis

I think Dave lost track of time and forgot "tomorrow" was a Saturday!😉

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I think Dave lost track of time and forgot "tomorrow" was a Saturday!��
    He's catching up on missed sleep...He's Earned It!!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Dave, I'm very active over at Audioholics, one of the regulars. Do you mind me sharing images and info from your posts on the forums over there? I think Ascend Acoustics deserves a little more love and I'm happy to share this announcement and some details with everyone. This looks like a truly unique and differently designed speaker.

I have a nice beefy amp too so these speakers could really shine in my system. My big dilemma is I already have RAAL Towers and I really don't need more speakers. I really do want to hear these now tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    Dave, I'm very active over at Audioholics, one of the regulars. Do you mind me sharing images and info from your posts on the forums over there? I think Ascend Acoustics deserves a little more love and I'm happy to share this announcement and some details with everyone. This looks like a truly unique and differently designed speaker.

I have a nice beefy amp too so these speakers could really shine in my system. My big dilemma is I already have RAAL Towers and I really don't need more speakers. I really do want to hear these now tho...
    Dave,

I would also ask the same for posting at AVSForum. There is already an active thread there discussing your announcement here.

AVS & now ASR are actively partaking on this news release...fwiw... thou AVS has a specific Ascend owners thread.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...speaker.31787/
    Last edited by billy p; 03-19-2022 at 03:07 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.