Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1077

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Howdy folks, coming from the Polk R200, what improvement can i expect to move up to this Sierra-LX? it will be paired with SVS SB-2000 sub so I got the low end covered. Will be driving them with Hypex NC252MP amp.
    I'd expect the LX to sound more detailed, realistic and with better bass.
    Nate

Howdy folks, coming from the Polk R200, what improvement can i expect to move up to this Sierra-LX? it will be paired with SVS SB-2000 sub so I got the low end covered. Will be driving them with Hypex NC252MP amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenimaru View Post
    I expect the the Sierra LX to easily punch above its weight and match speaker pairs sold for 3000-4000 range retail at minimum. Polk R200 can't match the CBM-340 let alone the better Sierra LX.
    The CBM-170SE would be a fair match.

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I'd expect the LX to sound more detailed, realistic and with better bass.
    In other words, the LX will just plain sound better.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The CBM-170SE would be a fair match.

In other words, the LX will just plain sound better.
    That's awesome, I think I'll go for the Piano Black version.

The power handling of these LX is rated at continuous 350w, would it benefit from a more powerful amp at all, like the Hypex NCx500 rated at around 440w @4ohm <1% THD with that extra headroom?

The power handling of these LX is rated at continuous 350w, would it benefit from a more powerful amp at all, like the Hypex NCx500 rated at around 440w @4ohm <1% THD with that extra headroom?
    the LX are 8ohms, should be super easy to drive. I for one is not a believer of exotic amps, but YMMV.

How loud do you listen, how far will you be sitting, and will you be running them full range? The specs note that as an unclipped peak, so understand that unless you're sustaining 85+ dB continuous volume, you will be using single-digit watts or less.

Quote Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
    How loud do you listen, how far will you be sitting, and will you be running them full range? The specs note that as an unclipped peak, so understand that unless you're sustaining 85+ dB continuous volume, you will be using single-digit watts or less.
    Listening position about 6ft, going to try them full range to see how they perform but most likely end up HPF at 60hz or 40hz, the bass is covered by the SVS PB2000 (12" with 500rms) so i'm not at all concern about the lower end. But usually I listen to music between 75dB to 80dB, at 54 I can't hear frequency above 14khz anymore. lol

I guess just about any 100w amp would do since they most likely won't use more than 50w, i'm not into concert level type loudness anymore, have to be in sane level and preserve my hearing.

Listening position about 6ft, going to try them full range to see how they perform but most likely end up HPF at 60hz or 40hz, the bass is covered by the SVS PB2000 (12" with 500rms) so i'm not at all concern about the lower end. But usually I listen to music between 75dB to 80dB, at 54 I can't hear frequency above 14khz anymore. lol

I guess just about any 100w amp would do since they most likely won't use more than 50w, i'm not into concert level type loudness anymore, have to be in sane level and preserve my hearing.
    Yeah, you should be fine with most anything. Having more on tap doesn't hurt but no reason to go much more expensive for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
    Yeah, you should be fine with most anything. Having more on tap doesn't hurt but no reason to go much more expensive for it.
    I ordered the Satin Espresso instead, can't wait to get these LX. :-D

As far as music goes, you might even find it sounding better w/o the subs.

I ordered the Satin Espresso instead, can't wait to get these LX. :-D
    Thanks so much for placing your order with us! You are going to really enjoy the LX. And, at a seating distance of 6 feet, you will only need about 50 watts of power into each LX to hit 100dB. You have plenty of power
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com