Page 106 of 108 FirstFirst ... 101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1077

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes, LX perform quite well when positioned horizontally as they do have wide vertical dispersion. I would recommend tweeters on the inside.

Hope this helps!
    Why tweeters on the inside? I'm compromised on width in my living room HT, so I put the tweeters on the outside, figuring every inch of separation helps with getting a wider sound stage. Is there another factor I'm missing?

Also, I finally had time to do a full dirac calibration and post correction, the LX is flat down to ~26Hz or so in my room. Incredible for a bookshelf.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    Why tweeters on the inside? I'm compromised on width in my living room HT, so I put the tweeters on the outside, figuring every inch of separation helps with getting a wider sound stage. Is there another factor I'm missing?
    Dispersion measurements are on our website. You can see smoother more linear dispersion in the 2-4kHz range.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    Also, I finally had time to do a full dirac calibration and post correction, the LX is flat down to ~26Hz or so in my room. Incredible for a bookshelf.
    Happy to hear you are enjoying them!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just received my Sierra-LX's pair and, as everyone here can proudly say without a doubt, so far I am totally and completely stunned! Just jaw-dropping, awe-astounding, out-of-this-world rich sonic goodness all day, every day, all day long without breaking a sweat. I have always been a seeker of quality audio equipment and how good it sounds regardless of how much or how little it costs to eek out that last 1% of incredible performance. The LX's bring the total package for end game material without breaking the bank and I hope to write more extended observations later on. Clean, clear, crisp, dynamic, quick, the speaker equivalent of a DCI-P3 calibrated OLED 4K monitor with rich and deep, wide-open-window-like realism. I have one question to Dave: is the more correct way to use the speakers which matches the testing conditions of the Klippel Near Field Scanner measurements with or without the grilles? I checked the measurements notes and didn't see one way or the other. I realize it is a matter of probably a decibel or two but again, I am curious and also wanting to listen true. It sounds amazing either way to my ears!

I purchased original natural Sierra-1 speakers in July, 2007 and was recently able to pick up a used pair of natural LXs in December 2023 for a fantastic deal. 16 years in between speaker purchases and the differences are astounding. The LX's sound great from any angle and the imaging is so superb that I had to put my ear up to my center channel to confirm that it was actually off when playing the LX's in stereo mode (they tricked me). Paired with my F12 Rythmik sub, I've arrived at my end-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hifihedgehog View Post
    I just received my Sierra-LX's pair and, as everyone here can proudly say without a doubt, so far I am totally and completely stunned! Just jaw-dropping, awe-astounding, out-of-this-world rich sonic goodness all day, every day, all day long without breaking a sweat. I have always been a seeker of quality audio equipment and how good it sounds regardless of how much or how little it costs to eek out that last 1% of incredible performance. The LX's bring the total package for end game material without breaking the bank and I hope to write more extended observations later on. Clean, clear, crisp, dynamic, quick, the speaker equivalent of a DCI-P3 calibrated OLED 4K monitor with rich and deep, wide-open-window-like realism. I have one question to Dave: is the more correct way to use the speakers which matches the testing conditions of the Klippel Near Field Scanner measurements with or without the grilles? I checked the measurements notes and didn't see one way or the other. I realize it is a matter of probably a decibel or two but again, I am curious and also wanting to listen true. It sounds amazing either way to my ears!
    My guess would be that the speakers are tested without grills. I would go with whichever way they look better to you. It would be very difficult to hear the difference.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by mendicitis View Post
    I purchased original natural Sierra-1 speakers in July, 2007 and was recently able to pick up a used pair of natural LXs in December 2023 for a fantastic deal. 16 years in between speaker purchases and the differences are astounding. The LX's sound great from any angle and the imaging is so superb that I had to put my ear up to my center channel to confirm that it was actually off when playing the LX's in stereo mode (they tricked me). Paired with my F12 Rythmik sub, I've arrived at my end-game.
    Ha!! Wait another 16 years...you'll change your tune.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Hifihedgehog View Post
    Great to know that you are enjoying the LX!!!!

have one question to Dave: is the more correct way to use the speakers which matches the testing conditions of the Klippel Near Field Scanner measurements with or without the grilles?
    All measurements are performed with the grilles off. However, our grilles have very minimal effect on the measurements as we use extremely transparent grille cloth. I strongly doubt you or any human could hear a difference comparing them with grilles on or off.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My new LX replace Focal Aria K2 and I could not be happier. As a busy dad of 4 my listening must take place in a dining room/kitchen located on a mantel. The focal were front ported and the dimensions, very limiting by the way, worked. I have a topping 90 stack but the amp failed like approx 50 percent of early units so I have a pa7 connected balanced. An SVS sb3000 takes care of the lower octaves. I just have to have the app. Suffice it to say it’s a huge improvement over the focal. I have about 5 pairs of other monitors and it’s best most of them as well! An orchard audio starkrimson is on the way so I’ll let you know how that works out! I love the fun sound. I started disassembling and changing crossovers to speakers in the 80’s much to my parents dismay: ). I’ve been hooked ever since. I kind of think the vintage trend has run it’s course, at least it has for me and I love these speakers. Pa7 drives them easily by the way.

Thanks Dave!!!

Howdy folks, coming from the Polk R200, what improvement can i expect to move up to this Sierra-LX? it will be paired with SVS SB-2000 sub so I got the low end covered. Will be driving them with Hypex NC252MP amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Howdy folks, coming from the Polk R200, what improvement can i expect to move up to this Sierra-LX? it will be paired with SVS SB-2000 sub so I got the low end covered. Will be driving them with Hypex NC252MP amp.
    I expect the the Sierra LX to easily punch above its weight and match speaker pairs sold for 3000-4000 range retail at minimum. Polk R200 can't match the CBM-340 let alone the better Sierra LX.