Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1077

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    Hey guys! How are y'all doing?

It's been a long time, and I've had Sierra-1's on my front stage (L/R/C) for 11+ years now. They've provided me and my family many years of enjoyment; Very exceptional speakers! Given that I mostly use my speakers for Home Theater (I use 4K blu ray to obtain the best sound tracks possible), with the occasional mostly Rock/Hip-Hop, plus the July 4 discount, I think it is time to treat myself with Sierra-LX's which are more suited for those tasks, so I just ordered Sierra-LX L/R/C.

I see these are more power hungry but hopefully my Onkyo (claims 140watts/channel) is enough for them especially if I'm not powering them full range? I can add a power amp if I really need too, but I'd prefer to keep it simple if I can.

DaveF and team, you guys make wonderful speakers and I really look forward to these! I've known about them since they came out but I can't wait any more.
    Wow - welcome back and thanks for placing the order. You will love the LX!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

When using the LX as a center situated in the upper shelf of an AV stand (with an enclosed back), is it recommended to use the sealed plug?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwichfutures View Post
    When using the LX as a center situated in the upper shelf of an AV stand (with an enclosed back), is it recommended to use the sealed plug?
    I would guess 'yes'. Try it each way and see which way you like it better. Or buy a measurement microphone for $100, learn to use REW and find out which way measures flatter.
    Nate

I agree with Nate, although if the shelf is deep enough (e.g. there's space between back of speaker and rear of shelf equal to or greater than the port diameter) the plug may not be necessary.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I agree with Nate, although if the shelf is deep enough (e.g. there's space between back of speaker and rear of shelf equal to or greater than the port diameter) the plug may not be necessary.
    The other important factor is whether you are using an 80hz crossover. That should help quite a bit.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by sandwichfutures View Post
    There are a lot of variables to this. If you are running the LX center full range, than yes - using the sealed plug can be advantageous. If you are running the speakers with a sub and crossed at 60Hz or higher, typically no plug is needed as the bass is already rolling off. For most receivers or processors, even if you are not using a subwoofer, you can still use the left/right running full range and set a high pass filter for the LX center.

many different options, always best to experiment and go with whatever sounds best to you
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I'm using a pair of LX's as my desktop computer speakers. I'm looking to free up some space and I was wondering if the LX's could be positioned on their sides without degrading the sound too much?

If so, should the tweeters be positioned towards the outside or inside?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Our amplifier power recommendations (for a pair of speakers) are based on the ability of that amplifier to provide enough wattage to that pair of speakers to reach peaks of 96dB, including typical room gain, at the given distance.
    Is this 96dB figure specific to the LX power recommendations? Or is that for all Ascend speakers listed on the website?

Could this tidbit be added to the website's spec/power recommendations for each speaker? That would add some clarity for the less informed, like myself.

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
    Is this 96dB figure specific to the LX power recommendations? Or is that for all Ascend speakers listed on the website?

Could this tidbit be added to the website's spec/power recommendation for each speaker? That would add some clarity for the less informed, like myself.

Thanks for reading
    Yes, that 96dB figure is for the power recommendations for all of our speakers. I agree, we will clarify this on our website. Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by dkuster View Post
    I'm using a pair of LX's as my desktop computer speakers. I'm looking to free up some space and I was wondering if the LX's could be positioned on their sides without degrading the sound too much?

If so, should the tweeters be positioned towards the outside or inside?

Thanks!
    Yes, LX perform quite well when positioned horizontally as they do have wide vertical dispersion. I would recommend tweeters on the inside.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com