Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1077

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

What is the thought about bridging an amp to drive the LXs? You gain a lot of power but the min impedence the amp can drive increases to 8 ohms.

Which amp? What's the power of it now (unbridged) - any reason to bridge (aside from the increased power)?
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I would need to buy the amp but it's an old Parasound HCA-750A. Would go from 75 wpc stereo to 250 watts mono.

I'm currently using it as a center with the Denon x4400h which is rated at 125 wpc but not all channels driven. It's driving that and 4 surrounds and 4 atmos speakers. The LR are already driven by a separate amp.

If you go that route, I'd probably try it with just one channel to drive the center before bridging (I'm assuming this is user selectable). Unless you are sitting really far back, 75 watts should be ok. According to the Parasound page, the amp would sound better in stereo.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Ok, thanks. I'll just stick with my Denon for now and maybe pickup a Hpex NC500 amp in the future.

If you go class D, check out VTV amplifier. Also, look at the Pascal and Purifi options. I use a custom 7 channel Pascal for my center, surrounds, and 4 Atmos. When I had my 720, I was using a 4channel VTV Pascal for Atmos

Quote Originally Posted by mpitogo View Post
    Thanks. I’ll have to look into passive single order high pass filter options. My integrated amplifier doesn’t have any fancy features.
    Did you purchase the LX directly from us? Another option is to use the Q-Plugs included with the LX to seal the port. You would then need to set the LP filter on your subwoofer higher to 80Hz. However, sealing the port will cause the woofer to have greater excursion and if you are playing at very loud volume levels, this could potentially cause problems. Best option, high pass your speakers.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Did you purchase the LX directly from us? Another option is to use the Q-Plugs included with the LX to seal the port. You would then need to set the LP filter on your subwoofer higher to 80Hz. However, sealing the port will cause the woofer to have greater excursion and if you are playing at very loud volume levels, this could potentially cause problems. Best option, high pass your speakers.
    Yes direct, order was placed 3/23/2022. If there where foam plugs in the box, I’ll have to search the attic for the boxes. My integrated amp is plain jane, so I’ll have to look at making a passive high pass filter.
    Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 | McIntosh MC452 | K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Rotel RA-1570 (Treble) | Rotel RB-1590 (Bass) | Marantz HD-CD1
    Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10
    above plus 3 multi-ch rooms and 2 stereo rooms

Quote Originally Posted by mpitogo View Post
    Yes direct, order was placed 3/23/2022. If there where foam plugs in the box, I’ll have to search the attic for the boxes. My integrated amp is plain jane, so I’ll have to look at making a passive high pass filter.
    Yes, we do include a complete set of our Q-Plugs with each LX pair we ship. Please check your shipping boxes and let me know.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I’m guessing the answer is no, but figure it can’t hurt to ask. For an additional charge is there an option to get the cabinets in a glossy finish? Also contemplating the towers. My favorite look are the high gloss walnut option Revel has. I’m guessing a glossy Espresso would be close, just a bit darker.
    Last edited by quattro_S4; 04-10-2023 at 09:56 PM.