Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9596979899100

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I don't follow you on this. I am going to assume you mean that engineers design a dip in the frequency response of a woofer to compensate for output of the port?
    You're right, I wasn't clear. I should have said "dip in excursion" because "response" calls up "frequency response" which wasn't what I was thinking—I'd dock my students for being that unclear so I should do better.

Not that it really matters, though, because based on your explanation, that's not really the right way to think about it, either. Your explanation was, as usual, really informative—thanks for that!
    Luna Duo V2 LCR and Rythmik L22 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    You're right, I wasn't clear. I should have said "dip in excursion" because "response" calls up "frequency response" which wasn't what I was thinking—I'd dock my students for being that unclear so I should do better.

Not that it really matters, though, because based on your explanation, that's not really the right way to think about it, either. Your explanation was, as usual, really informative—thanks for that!
    I think you understand some of it now. For a woofer, a dip in excursion at a particular frequency = less amplitude at that frequency = a dip in frequency response. This not mechanically possible. The dip in excursion you see is due to the air-pressure in the cabinet being at its greatest, which is caused by the port.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just installed the EX V2 upgraded crossovers. I just read about 50 pages in this thread, I’m finding it very hard to not order the LX now too. Lol