Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 96979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1077

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Not sure, but they may be listed in the "We saved the best for last" thread...I know there measurements in that thread.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Not sure, but they may be listed in the "We saved the best for last" thread...I know there measurements in that thread.
    Thanks! Yes I see the graphs there but cannot really tell the exact numbers off the graphs. I will try to compare the graphs between the two.

You could also call or email Ascend with the specifics you are looking for.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Default Re: Big News! Something New, Something A Bit Different...

This was my first step into the Sierra lineup, therefore I was worried about any upcoming updates to the original S1. Would the NrT version be taken out? I simply liked that tweeting and still do to this very day...by just abandoning everything and beginning anew...is quite interesting....for sure.

I have a Sierra LX as my center, currently vertically oriented. For aesthetics and convenience I think I’m going to switch to a horizontal orientation. I know with RAAL you have to rotate the tweeter when you change the orientation of the speaker, but didn’t think that would be required with the Titan…however I noticed on the LX center speaker product page there’s an option for “Vertical or Horizontal” orientation, so now I’m second guessing myself. Does anyone know if I’d need to have the Titan tweeter rotated in a particular way to go from a horizontal orientation to a vertical orientation?

Quote Originally Posted by RMW View Post
    I have a Sierra LX as my center, currently vertically oriented. For aesthetics and convenience I think I’m going to switch to a horizontal orientation. I know with RAAL you have to rotate the tweeter when you change the orientation of the speaker, but didn’t think that would be required with the Titan…however I noticed on the LX center speaker product page there’s an option for “Vertical or Horizontal” orientation, so now I’m second guessing myself. Does anyone know if I’d need to have the Titan tweeter rotated in a particular way to go from a horizontal orientation to a vertical orientation?
    No need to rotate the tweeter.
    The difference is the horizontal config comes with a full length grille for aesthetics.
    Last edited by curtis; 03-08-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by RMW View Post
    Curtis is correct, the LX (Titan) tweeter is rotationally symmetric.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you both!

This was my first step into the Sierra lineup, therefore I was worried about any upcoming updates to the original S1. Would the NrT version be taken out? I adore that tweeter and still do now. His idea of simply quitting everything and beginning again is, without a doubt, quite intriguing.

I wouldn't call it quitting everything and beginning again. More like improving / upgrading his product line to better components. From a manufacturing/logistics/supply chain perspective, I'd consider eliminating the NrT and consolidating to the Titan as the option for the S1 unless it closes the gap too much (performance, cost) with the LX.