Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1074

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I don't follow you on this. I am going to assume you mean that engineers design a dip in the frequency response of a woofer to compensate for output of the port?
    You're right, I wasn't clear. I should have said "dip in excursion" because "response" calls up "frequency response" which wasn't what I was thinking—I'd dock my students for being that unclear so I should do better.

Not that it really matters, though, because based on your explanation, that's not really the right way to think about it, either. Your explanation was, as usual, really informative—thanks for that!
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    You're right, I wasn't clear. I should have said "dip in excursion" because "response" calls up "frequency response" which wasn't what I was thinking—I'd dock my students for being that unclear so I should do better.

Not that it really matters, though, because based on your explanation, that's not really the right way to think about it, either. Your explanation was, as usual, really informative—thanks for that!
    I think you understand some of it now. For a woofer, a dip in excursion at a particular frequency = less amplitude at that frequency = a dip in frequency response. This not mechanically possible. The dip in excursion you see is due to the air-pressure in the cabinet being at its greatest, which is caused by the port.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just installed the EX V2 upgraded crossovers. I just read about 50 pages in this thread, I’m finding it very hard to not order the LX now too. Lol

Will there be a Sierra LX Center that is more "balanced looking" like a Sierra LX Duo and maybe a Sierra LX tower? It would be nice to have a full HT setup that looks symmetrical.

Quote Originally Posted by plehpleh View Post
    Will there be a Sierra LX Center that is more "balanced looking" like a Sierra LX Duo and maybe a Sierra LX tower? It would be nice to have a full HT setup that looks symmetrical.
    Hi plehpleh,

I am sorry but I am not sure I understand. Do you mean a dual woofer LX center? If that is what you are asking, no - a dual woofer LX might look better, but it would compromise the impressive off-axis performance of the Sierra-LX center while costing much more.

What is a Sierra LX tower? Do you mean our ELX tower?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave,

Any chance of LX's coming with magnetic grills?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Hi Dave,

Any chance of LX's coming with magnetic grills?
    Likely at some point, unfortunately, it will likely come with a steep price increase so we are trying to avoid that right now.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wondering if Dave can chime in, if using strictly for 2 channel music with no sub. How do the LX bookshelf compare to the new Titan ELX towers? If knowing have a strong enough amp to push the less efficient bookshelves what am I missing not going with the Towers? How much more bass do the towers have and would one be more relaxed for longer listening sessions? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by AR2ax man View Post
    Wondering if Dave can chime in, if using strictly for 2 channel music with no sub. How do the LX bookshelf compare to the new Titan ELX towers? If knowing have a strong enough amp to push the less efficient bookshelves what am I missing not going with the Towers? How much more bass do the towers have and would one be more relaxed for longer listening sessions? Thanks in advance!
    The LX are very very good, and sound like they would work very well for you. That stated, the ELX are leagues better than both the LX and Sierra-2EX V2. Bass specifications and measurements are available for both the ELX and LX, so you can compare them directly. ELX do have deeper bass and more midbass slam - ELX are simply better at everything, as they should be.

If they are within your budget, ELX are absolutely the way to go as I can almost assure you, you would never feel the need to upgrade... They are that good!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The LX are very very good, and sound like they would work very well for you. That stated, the ELX are leagues better than both the LX and Sierra-2EX V2. Bass specifications and measurements are available for both the ELX and LX, so you can compare them directly. ELX do have deeper bass and more midbass slam - ELX are simply better at everything, as they should be.

If they are within your budget, ELX are absolutely the way to go as I can almost assure you, you would never feel the need to upgrade... They are that good!
    Thanks Dave! I was looking for the ELX specifications, but could not find them. Only saw the tower V2 specs listed on the tower page. Is there another spot to look for them?