Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Big News! Something New, Something A Bit Different...

Latest conclusions and pure speculations:
    -With the new tweeter capable of being crossed extremely low, and considering the design goal of high
    output, deep bass, slam factor, etc. I'm going to guess there's a new metal cone woofer.
    -Will use existing Sierra cabinets per Dave's comment: "The final nudge was that this tweeter, in stock
    format – fits into our existing cabinets with zero modification to the tweeter or cabinet!"
    -"Slightly under" the price of the Revel M106, which are about $2,200/pr, would put these over the 2EX.
    -Would the Sierra-1 still be offered? There's a huge price gap here.

I think that's all I've got at the moment. Anyone else with some theories?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Very curious. I value the airiness of the RAAL ribbon tweeters over the other superior qualities of Revel Performas so it’s a question as to how much of that ribbon-like quality gets sacrificed! I also think a metal woofer. I’m also curious whether the Tower would get a full-on make-over as it sounds like a good step up for home theater. I’m hoping it is competitive against the Revel M126Be at half the cost.
    Last edited by bkdc; 03-16-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Latest conclusions and pure speculations:
    -With the new tweeter capable of being crossed extremely low, and considering the design goal of high
    output, deep bass, slam factor, etc. I'm going to guess there's a new metal cone woofer.
    -Will use existing Sierra cabinets per Dave's comment: "The final nudge was that this tweeter, in stock
    format – fits into our existing cabinets with zero modification to the tweeter or cabinet!"
    -"Slightly under" the price of the Revel M106, which are about $2,200/pr, would put these over the 2EX.
    -Would the Sierra-1 still be offered? There's a huge price gap here.

I think that's all I've got at the moment. Anyone else with some theories?
    My understanding from reading what Dave suggested at the beginning of the thread is that the price is aimed between the Sierra 1 and 2EX. Maybe I misunderstood though.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    My understanding from reading what Dave suggested at the beginning of the thread is that the price is aimed between the Sierra 1 and 2EX. Maybe I misunderstood though.
    He originally was aiming for a Sierra-1EX which was aimed at improving the Sierra-1's mids and have deeper/punchier bass, but all the prototypes were too similar to the 2EX which was a mere $200 more. Then, in post #4, he says: "but it was also my goal to retail this new speaker at an affordable price and to come in slightly less than the Revel M106."

I'm thinking he has been able to come in significantly less than that with these new drivers.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables