Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 99100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1074

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_S4 View Post
    I’m guessing the answer is no, but figure it can’t hurt to ask. For an additional charge is there an option to get the cabinets in a glossy finish? Also contemplating the towers. My favorite look are the high gloss walnut option Revel has. I’m guessing a glossy Espresso would be close, just a bit darker.
    I am sorry but we no longer offer finish customizations. As such, the finishes are a satin sheen except for piano black, which is a true mirror quality gloss (piano gloss).
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am sorry but we no longer offer finish customizations. As such, the finishes are a satin sheen except for piano black, which is a true mirror quality gloss (piano gloss).
    Okay, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agd View Post
    Apologies, the opposite actually, it's a very seamless transition. Prior to having a ribbon-only bed layer I was actually disappointed by some atmos content because the height layer sounded similar to other surround content.

It was when I upgraded to all ribbons that give me the clear distinction, and clarity in the handoff between the two.

With this setup using the dtsx app on the Xbox you can control an audio pin and move it all around and above you, it's actually remarkable how the sound can hover in space and rise up and down clearly-- you could close your eyes and point at it. With dome tweeters they project sound vertically, and the effect wasn't nearly as focused. The ribbons can get out of the way and let the ceiling speakers take over.

All of that said, I have 8ft ceilings so that may be a factor. And if I didn't have ceiling speakers with atmos I may appreciate more elevation to the sound for movie tracks. Having experienced both it's personally hard to imagine going back to non-ribbon home theater.
    My basement theater room has 7 ft ceilings. I have a 7.2.4 Atmos setup with with Sierra 2s as my mainS, where the top front and top rear in ceiling speakers for my overhead speakers are located according to Dolby guidelines. I have found Atmos even through the upmixer to sound great.

Up until this point in the thread I was pretty much convinced that I would upgrade my Sierra 2s to LXs. I think you may have convinced me to instead to do the EXV2 upgrade on my Sierra 2s though.

In my living room with cathedral ceilings that go up to 10 foot peaks where I donÂ’t really want to have Atmos overhead speakers I think I will upgrade my CMT 340 SE V1s to Sierra LXs though. That extra vertical spaciousness will be nice in that room as well as not needing to worry about sitting down to get the best listening experience, in this more casual environment. Even if I do get Atmos overhead though (in which case I think SVS Prime elevation speakers on ceiling to counteract the sloped ceiling would be what I would go with), I think with the extra height there would be enough separation. I donÂ’t think I will get Atmos overhead in that room though as it is very difficult to get wires run up there.

Thank you. This is very useful information for me specially trying to decide how to upgrade my Sierra 2s. The EXV2 upgrade seems to make more sense over the LX since they will be in the bed layer of my Atmos setupÂ…Unless several others have had a different experience where they prefer the LX in the bed layer of an Atmos setup.
    Last edited by N Boros; 06-28-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Default Re: Big News! Something New, Something A Bit Different...

Will Sierra 1 be re-measured using Klip NFS?

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    The EXV2 upgrade seems to make more sense over the LX since they will be in the bed layer of my Atmos setup. Unless several others have had a different experience where they prefer the LX in the bed layer of an Atmos setup.
    For any HT application, Atmos or otherwise, I would recommend the LX over the EXv2. Not by a lot—they're both great, and the biggest difference is bass, which is less of a big deal with a sub—but I'd still go LX there. Not only is it slightly cheaper, but the better vertical dispersion and the slightly fuller mids make the LX the better choice in my book.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Hey guys! How are y'all doing?

It's been a long time, and I've had Sierra-1's on my front stage (L/R/C) for 11+ years now. They've provided me and my family many years of enjoyment; Very exceptional speakers! Given that I mostly use my speakers for Home Theater (I use 4K blu ray to obtain the best sound tracks possible), with the occasional mostly Rock/Hip-Hop, plus the July 4 discount, I think it is time to treat myself with Sierra-LX's which are more suited for those tasks, so I just ordered Sierra-LX L/R/C.

I see these are more power hungry but hopefully my Onkyo (claims 140watts/channel) is enough for them especially if I'm not powering them full range? I can add a power amp if I really need too, but I'd prefer to keep it simple if I can.

DaveF and team, you guys make wonderful speakers and I really look forward to these! I've known about them since they came out but I can't wait any more.
    Last edited by azanon; 07-31-2023 at 05:25 PM.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

azanon - I'm sure you'll love the LX's...I have a pair in my office (one of these days, I may bring them to my house in Brazil). I put them in my main system for a week or so - they gave my Towers (V1 at the time), a run for the money. I've since upgraded the Towers with RAAL to ELX versions but not compared these to the LX.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    Hey guys! How are y'all doing?

It's been a long time, and I've had Sierra-1's on my front stage (L/R/C) for 11+ years now. They've provided me and my family many years of enjoyment; Very exceptional speakers! Given that I mostly use my speakers for Home Theater (I use 4K blu ray to obtain the best sound tracks possible), with the occasional mostly Rock/Hip-Hop, plus the July 4 discount, I think it is time to treat myself with Sierra-LX's which are more suited for those tasks, so I just ordered Sierra-LX L/R/C.

I see these are more power hungry but hopefully my Onkyo (claims 140watts/channel) is enough for them especially if I'm not powering them full range? I can add a power amp if I really need too, but I'd prefer to keep it simple if I can.

DaveF and team, you guys make wonderful speakers and I really look forward to these! I've known about them since they came out but I can't wait any more.
    You're going to love this upgrade. I think you'll be fine with your Onkyo.
    Nate

Azanon! Good to “see” you!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Azanon! Good to “see” you!
    Hey Curtis, I hope all is well!
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player