Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,074 of 1074

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thanks so much for placing your order with us! You are going to really enjoy the LX. And, at a seating distance of 6 feet, you will only need about 50 watts of power into each LX to hit 100dB. You have plenty of power
    Glad to hear, very excited to receive them, around 85dB is pretty much my threshold....thanks much Dave! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Glad to hear, very excited to receive them, around 85dB is pretty much my threshold....thanks much Dave! :-D
    My pleasure! To reach 85dB peaks at your listening distance, you would be using less than 10 watts of power...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

My quick, hour 1 impressions with familiar songs compared to my Revel M106's.

Smilk- Last Rainforest: sound stage is wider and imaging felt more precise, I would need to listen to the Revels again.

Fink- Trouble's what you're in: Bass line is much more satisfying compared to the M106.

Bjork- Hollow (16 bit remix): you still need subs for the first 1 min of this, but still impressive for a bookshelf.

There is more detail and energy in the treble but not in any offensive way I've noticed so far. The bass improvement is easy, I'll need more time to flesh out the midrange differences.

Ran them in pure direct mode off my Denon 3800h to an Emotiva BasX 3, source is tidal through a Wiim Pro Plus.

Edit: it's day two and I've ran Audyessy and set the crossover to 60hz. My two favorite aspects of the LX now compared to the Revels is the improved imaging and that they just have a sound presence of a larger speaker despite being very similar in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt34 View Post
    My quick, hour 1 impressions with familiar songs compared to my Revel M106's.

Smilk- Last Rainforest: sound stage is wider and imaging felt more precise, I would need to listen to the Revels again.

Fink- Trouble's what you're in: Bass line is much more satisfying compared to the M106.

Bjork- Hollow (16 bit remix): you still need subs for the first 1 min of this, but still impressive for a bookshelf.

There is more detail and energy in the treble but not in any offensive way I've noticed so far. The bass improvement is easy, I'll need more time to flesh out the midrange differences.

Ran them in pure direct mode off my Denon 3800h to an Emotiva BasX 3, source is tidal through a Wiim Pro Plus.

Edit: it's day two and I've ran Audyessy and set the crossover to 60hz. My two favorite aspects of the LX now compared to the Revels is the improved imaging and that they just have a sound presence of a larger speaker despite being very similar in size.
    Very much appreciate your feedback and I am happy you are enjoying the LX!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com