I purchased these around the beginning of February. I have waited till now for all possible break in to occur on the drivers. All I noticed, in moving the speakers in and out of the system to compare to my previous references (Maggies, and the JBL 9800SE) was the top got smoother and silkier over time.
There was some basic DSP done for room EQ,summing to the sub, and over two weeks, very fine tuning for the flavour. Setting the room eq was quite a bit easier than the two acoustically large speakers. I have set up all sorts of speakers , up to $200k beasties, and...I got to say I enjoy these more than anything I have ever worked with. These, of course, are not the largest sounding speaker, but plenty large enough, giving up little to the Maggie. In volume they are not the loudest, but are capable of going louder than the Maggie, which is what I needed in a "delicate" sounding speaker. No, they do not compete with the horn in total dynanic range, of course not. But in my opinion they better the horns in microdynamics and tonality.
But what they do...ahh lovely voices with greater natural detail than either of the other speakers. Precision imaging with really good soundstaging. I love violins and guitars and, well, pretty much all instruments, on these babies. Jazz drums have lovely snap and ring
harps are insanely good. You guys know what I am going on about, I am just late to the party!