Quote Originally Posted by djDANNY View Post
I get what you’re thinking but in real life practice, unless you were good at creating the proper filters manually, it’d be pretty difficult. I personally like to start with having as flat of a frequency response as I can get for both the speakers and sub and let the proper crossover slopes allow them to summate to be flat (no different than how you would design a speaker with two drivers). That means I EQ first, then get the phase between speakers and sub aligned as much as possible over the crossover range. You could do it the way you suggested but now you’re running sweeps that have combined outputs of the speakers and sub and then trying to just EQ one to affect the summed response in the crossover region. Not impossible to do but not the preferred method in my opinion. Much easier to EQ both separately then phase align them after.
With REW, you create the EQ curve you desire and REW creates the filters. You simply export them and load them onto your DSP device, in my case the MiniDSP 2x4HD.