Thread: Car Enthusiast Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Car Enthusiast Thread

I had said a while back I wanted to post some pictures of my '95 Mustang track day car. I didn't have it to the track this year, my wife had some issues that caused me to have to cover for her while she healed up. This past Friday and Saturday were so sunny, warm and beautiful, I couldn't not get it out! It had a full tank of fuel that was getting old, and the new differential in the new IRS needed some miles to get the gears and bearings broken in. These pictures were taken without the hood so I could get some nice shots of the engine.DSCN0861.JPG

Default Re: Car Enthusiast Thread

Car is a '95 Mustang GTS that I bought brand new in 1995. Currently has just over 25K miles, basically nothing stock remains of the original driveline, suspension or brakes.

Engine is a dart block 363 CID, AFR heads, FTI custom solid roller cam, Pro-M engine management, four barrel style TFS single plane intake, RCI ceramic coated long tube headers, Stainless Works 3" exhaust.

Suspension is all Maximun Motorsport including their full catalog of mods to the IRS, differential is a Torsen T2R. Transmission is Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed. Front brakes are 13" Brembo 4 piston, rears are custom 13" Wilwood 4 piston with mechanical parking brake caliper.

I did all the work myself except for machining/assembling the short block, TIG welding the X-pipe portion of the exhaust since I don't have the equipment, and paint work on the spoiler.

Jay
    Last edited by petmotel; 12-07-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Nice! I've had two 66 Mustangs in the past (high school days - so 30+ years ago) Switched to Chevy when I had to replace a timing chain cover on the Ford's 289. As I recall, it cost over $200 for the part alone (I did the labor) when one for a SBC was like $10 & chrome plated.

Very nice! I had an 87 LX 5.0 (manual 5 speed). I think that might have been the funnest car I ever owned, that is until my roommate wrecked it.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Car is a '95 Mustang GTS that I bought brand new in 1995. Currently has just over 25K miles, basically nothing stock remains of the original driveline, suspension or brakes.

Engine is a dart block 363 CID, AFR heads, FTI custom solid roller cam, Pro-M engine management, four barrel style TFS single plane intake, RCI ceramic coated long tube headers, Stainless Works 3" exhaust.

Suspension is all Maximun Motorsport including their full catalog of mods to the IRS, differential is a Torsen T2R. Transmission is Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed. Front brakes are 13" Brembo 4 piston, rears are custom 13" Wilwood 4 piston with mechanical parking brake caliper.

I did all the work myself except for machining/assembling the short block, TIG welding the X-pipe portion of the exhaust since I don't have the equipment, and paint work on the spoiler.

Jay
    Woah! Just over 25K miles?!?! NOICE!!! That's a very good number

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Well the stock wheels are 14" so these are 15x7, nothing too crazy. I need to replace the shocks too. Always something to do with old cars.
    I hear you. Upgraded the radiator to a Griffin Aluminum one over Christmas and a few months before replaced both carbs (Edelbrock 750’s)

Nice to see there are other manual transmission aficionados around here, including davef!

I drive a 2017 Mazda3 GT Hatchback. Not a brute power monster (185 hp), but transmission, clutch, steering and suspension are so well matched that it is a blast to drive (especially on curvy, deserted roads here in New England, wink, wink...)

We'll see what manual transmission cars are left when time comes to replace it.

I might be "forced" to buy a VW Golf GTI ahahaha...
    Emotiva Fusion 8100 AVR
    Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE Main
    Rythmik L12 Sub
    55" LG OLED55CXAUA TV
    Panasonic DP-UB420-K 4K UHD Player
    Seiki SR4KP1 Region-free BD Player
    Roku Premiere+ 4k