Thread: Amplifier or Integrated Amp that pairs well with Ascend Tower with RAAL in 2 channel

Default Amplifier or Integrated Amp that pairs well with Ascend Tower with RAAL in 2 channel

After reading many posts here and other forums, it appears Ascend Tower with RAAL option is one of the speakers that is very revealing on the input materials, and I wonder if there are recommendations you can provide on the amplifier or integrated amp you either have used or have heard that will match well with the Towers.

The use of the amp or integrated amp will be for a 2 channel stereo setup. The listening position will be about 7 to 8 ft from the mains in a 16x12x8 room, and I will be sending upsampled PCM or DSD signals from the server to an endpoint (streamer), and from the endpoint USB output to a DAC I used to use in my headphone system, before going into the amp or integrated amp I am still trying to decide if I end up acquiring the Towers, so your input can help greatly in my final decision making process.

One of the consideration is to make dual use of the integrated amp I plan to purchase soon for my headphone system, but since that is a 30W per channel amplifier, I wonder if it will be enough to drive the Towers from moderate to occasional loud volume, which is between 75 to 92dB range.

TIA for your recommendations.

Kevin

Default Re: Amplifier or Integrated Amp that pairs well with Ascend Tower with RAAL in 2 chan

Hi Kevin
    I think you also posted this on AVS. I replied there

Default Re: Amplifier or Integrated Amp that pairs well with Ascend Tower with RAAL in 2 chan

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Hi Kevin
    I think you also posted this on AVS. I replied there
    Thank you for the replies, I always felt good about Rogue gears, certainly will look into the ST-100 if more power is needed.

Regards,
    Kevin