Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Michigan

Default Re: Hello from Michigan

Another option to audition is a trip to Ascend in Southern California. Maybe fly out towards the end of the week, spend some time at Ascend on Thursday or Friday, and a day or two in San Diego or LA. You may come home with a pair of Ascend speakers as a souvenir. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Another option to audition is a trip to Ascend in Southern California. Maybe fly out towards the end of the week, spend some time at Ascend on Thursday or Friday, and a day or two in San Diego or LA. You may come home with a pair of Ascend speakers as a souvenir. ;-)
    I highly recommend making an appointment for a visit. Great experience. Sit in the demo room in listening bliss.
    -curtis

Ted (theophile) my son is a professional musician too,currently in the Army Band at Ft.Bragg.He plays low brass and guitar,occasionally vocals,but is passable on several other instruments.
    A flight to California is not likely:-)The idea of trying the bookshelves first is a good idea and more practical.I'll order a pair in a couple of weeks when I am sure to have plenty of time to listen.For some reason every family member has chosen this month to visit or have some sort of celebration we are expected at.

Cool Re: Hello from Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Ted (theophile) my son is a professional musician too,currently in the Army Band at Ft.Bragg.He plays low brass and guitar,occasionally vocals,but is passable on several other instruments.
    A flight to California is not likely:-)The idea of trying the bookshelves first is a good idea and more practical.I'll order a pair in a couple of weeks when I am sure to have plenty of time to listen.For some reason every family member has chosen this month to visit or have some sort of celebration we are expected at.
    DM,

COOL! The Euphonium (Baritone-Lower Brass) was my major instrument of study in my Instrumental Music Degree program, but I also can play all of the lower brass. Actually, the full curriculum degree included study and performance on all the brass, wind, stringed, melodic percussion and keyboard instruments, including vocal studies and performances! I taught instrumental music for many years, but never really applied my studies to professional performances.

No doubt, this is why I really enjoy, appreciate and pursue live acoustical recorded performances in my home hobby/passion for Stereo playback! My spouse and I still attend live performances when the opportunities arise, but also attempt to get As-Close-To-Live 2-channel sound reproduction in our dedicated listening music room at Home! Thanks to Ascend Acoustics and Dave for his passion and dedication to create products that help us in achieving these lofty goals!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Ted, very cool! My son has a degree from CMU and wanted to teach but the music programs in schools were being cut radically at the time.He does give lessons occasionally through Fayetteville School of Music. But tuba and Euph are not as popular as piano and guitar lol!After the Army who knows though:-)

I enjoy live music as often as possible, the local concerts in the park and occasionally bigger names (expensive!). Next month we have tickets to see James Taylor. Really looking forward to that!My Harbeths are great for acoustic music like JT,CSN+Y,etc.They struggle with the Who,Zeppelin, big band though:-)Sierras to the rescue hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama View Post
    Hello everyone from a rarity,I'm one of the elusive female audiophiles.I'm here to find out more about these speakers before giving them a try.I have Harbeths at present, which I love with acoustic music.But I would like a more sensitive speaker when I want to rock out loudly.So I'm reading and learning now.
    Hi Dogmama,

Welcome to our community. Yes, while female audiophile are a rarity, I think the number of female customers we have would actually surprise you.

We are here for you so please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com