Thread: Hi there from Annapolis MD

Default Hi there from Annapolis MD

Just installed a pair of Sierra2 EX and a Duo center.
    Dual Mirage Subs w/ Dayton Amps
    Powered by Rotel RMB 1075
    Marantz AV7701 Processor
    rear surrounds back sidesP_20210501_131839.jpg combo NHT and PSB

Looking fwd to reviewing for Music and HT

Default Re: Hi there from Annapolis MD

Nice. Welcome to the forum!

My speaker life started back in the early 70's with a Fisher receiver turntable combo. Fisher speakers as well. A close friend worked at Stereo Warehouse so I went to him for an upgrade.
    I purchased a set of ESS Speakers and kept them one week. Went back to the friend and told him I wasn't happy with the sound. He says that I'm a bit of an audiophile and nothing he sold would keep me happy.
    Sent me to Innovative Audio in New York and my quality sound journey started.
    SAE amp, preamp, Nakamichi cassette deck and IMF ALS-40B speakers. Loved the sound of those transmission line IMF's compared to anything else I have heard up to that time.
    In the nineties I put together a HT system using NHT and PSB speakers and have used these up until now.
    I was just about to pull the trigger on an NHT M7 center channel when I stumbled on to this forum.
    So glad that I did! I gave my Yamaha receiver to my son and found a couple of Rotel amps and the Marantz AV7701 processor. My NHT monitors were always great sounding but compared to the 2EX's it's not even close. So I'm going to see how the Duo works out as a center channel for a few months to prevent the big bucks spent on the Horizon Raal.
    Oh....my speaker stands are custom Mirage 10 inch subs with Dayton mono amps.
    The Sierras are isolated with IsoAcoustics Speaker Isolation Stands that IMHO just happen to look nice too! Happy to be here to listen, learn and discuss the enjoyment of music and HT.
    Last edited by davethedyer; 05-02-2021 at 10:57 AM.

I use the Duo as a center. Works great for me.
    I like those Isoacoustic stands...they make good products. I'm using GAIAs as feet for my Sierra RAAL Towers.