Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by elan120 View Post
    Good description, Ted,

Just curious, did you switch off the sub or kept it on during listening test?

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

Since we also wanted to determine the HP 50Hz response/blend of the S-2EX with the LP 50Hz response/blend of the sub while listening to the different speaker cables to the S-2EX, the sub was on 100% of the listening sessions!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 08-21-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Kevin,

Since we also wanted to determine the HP 50Hz response/blend of the S-2EX with the LP 50Hz response/blend of the sub while listening to the different speaker cables to the S-2EX, the sub was on 100% of the listening sessions!

Ted
    Thank you, Ted,

What was the deciding factors to try the SP4 instead of other ones? Meanwhile, based on the improvements from SP4, would you consider to move up to SP5 or SP6?

It will be another couple month before I can try different speaker cables, so just try to see what might be a good choice when I am ready.

Regards,
    Kevin

Exclamation Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Thank you, Ted,

What was the deciding factors to try the SP4 instead of other ones? Meanwhile, based on the improvements from SP4, would you consider to move up to SP5 or SP6?

It will be another couple month before I can try different speaker cables, so just try to see what might be a good choice when I am ready.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

My original interest was peaked by positive on-line comments and these "Testimonials & Reviews" by owners On the Morrow Website, see HERE!!

As per my review (top of review page), Mike stated their SP4 speaker cables were the "sweet spot" in their diverse cable line up and a "best buy"...I agreed as they came in at the top of My current budget level!! Their 10-day burned-in service, a 60-day trial period and lifetime warranty were just Sweet Icing on the cake! I was prepared to just "test them out" and return them, but once I Heard the Sp4s in My System for a week or so, quickly decided "They Are Not Going Back" and for me, were worth the additional investment I made!!!

Thus, instead of stepping up to their much costlier speaker cables, decided when it all settles out I'll invest in their RCA interconnects (like the MA4 & the SUB4)!!

I really love their business model integrity, their website, their honest customer service approach and of course, their proven products (reminds me of Ascend Acoustics!)...hopefully, others will also discover what their cable designs have to offer in creating Audio Nirvana!

Hope this all helps,

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Hope this all helps,

Ted
    Very helpful information, Ted,

Once I have the speakers delivered, it will take a bit of time to have everything arranged and settled, and I plan to try these speaker cables to see if the same magic will happen in my system.

I will have a resolving source setup, if this speaker cable can help reveal more, I will be extremely happy.

Regards,
    Kevin

Very helpful information, Ted,

Once I have the speakers delivered, it will take a bit of time to have everything arranged and settled, and I plan to try these speaker cables to see if the same magic will happen in my system.

I will have a resolving source setup, if this speaker cable can help reveal more, I will be extremely happy.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

What speaker cables will you be using to break-in the RAAL Towers?

Ted

Kevin,

What speaker cables will you be using to break-in the RAAL Towers?

Ted
    Ted,

I will start with an old pair of MIT MH-750, once burn-in is completed, I will compare with another old pair of HGA Silver to see which one work better.

Regards,
    Kevin

Question Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Ted,

I will start with an old pair of MIT MH-750, once burn-in is completed, I will compare with another old pair of HGA Silver to see which one work better.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

Are the RAAL Towers in the house...50-100 hours broken in yet?!?

Ted

Kevin,

Are the RAAL Towers in the house...50-100 hours broken in yet?!?

Ted
    No, not yet, still waiting for the delivery.

My guess is early Oct.

Cool Kevin...Christmas in October!

Ted
    Sure looks that way, Ted,

Meanwhile, it is giving me time to get items ready to test the setups, including some DIY parts, so it will be a very busy October for me.

Kevin

Thumbs up Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Sure looks that way, Ted,

Meanwhile, it is giving me time to get items ready to test the setups, including some DIY parts, so it will be a very busy October for me.

Kevin
    That's great, Kevin...Enjoy the Journey and keep us informed!

Well, the SP4's speaker cables sound sooo great, was curious about what their interconnects could do for me. Mike stated yesterday morning that they’ll Further Enhance the SP4 Soundstage Attributes in addition to the same degree of soundstage improvements I hear with the SP4's…very hard to imagine it getting any Better!?!

With their 60-day return policy, figured I have nothing to loose...Ordered their MA4's and Sub4 interconnects, along with their in-house cable break-in 10-day services. There is a 3 week delay in build time, thus should see these arriving at the end of October! Before Thanksgiving, I'll report back my findings of "Audio Fact or Sales Fiction"!!!

Ted