Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Exclamation Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wonderful review and thank you! So pleased that you are enjoying the Sierra-2EX!!
    Thank You, Dave, for offering audiophiles a monitor that has such precision in recorded medium playback as to allow music to effortlessly flow to the heart...Bravo!!!

Ted
    Sierra-2EX, Axiom EP 500, Emotiva USP-1, Emotiva UPA-2, Phillips CD880 (dedicated 2.1 listening room)!

Default Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Ha!

LOL!
    Audio purchases are on hold until my GF and I settle on and buy a house.

That said, Iím very interested in the new Anthems. I really enjoy my AVM 60. For the new Anthems Iím interested in how Roon will be implemented.
    I'm interested in the new Anthems, as well. Perhaps the AVM70 to go fully separate or move to the MRX740. Don't need 15 channels. Not as concerned about music since I am picking up a separate preamp for 2 channel. Using the 740, I can power my center, two surrounds, and 4 ATMOS heights and eliminate one amp (currently using the 720 to power center and 2 surrounds and a separate 4 channel for ATMOS). Really like the looks of the new Anthems. But not pulling the trigger anytime soon - upgrading my tonearm first and then will wait until Anthem works out the bugs with Genesis and adds the new HDMI board before considering this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlucci View Post
    Nice review Ted! I debated between upgrading my existing Sierra1's, buying a fresh set of Sierra2ex's and the Towers - I ended up choosing the Towers only because my listening area is pretty large. I will say that I am extremely happy that I got the RAAL upgrade - those tweeters are magical. Your system looks great - love the pics....Jim
    Hi Jim,

Your review of the RAAL-Towers was wonderful. Believe for your 3200cf listening room, you made a perfect choice! I've no doubt Dave's Towers would be extremely competitive with Any in the marketplace today, at Any price!

For my 990cf listening room, can't imagine Any 1cf Monitor made that would sound better!!!

IMHO, Ascend Acoustics=Best speaker value on the Planet!

Ted
    Sierra-2EX, Axiom EP 500, Emotiva USP-1, Emotiva UPA-2, Phillips CD880 (dedicated 2.1 listening room)!

Wink Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    ...Makes me wonder if I could use my Rythmik's as a "shelf", if needed. At least for solid state gear - I'd be hesitant to put my tube stuff on top of one of the subs.
    Robert,

Bet with the solid cabinet construction of the Rythmik Subs, probably be safe to use the top as a shelf for even tube electronics. If not, maybe a product like These would guarantee acoustic vibration isolation!

Ted

thanks, Ted. I was able to reorganize my equipment in current entertainment center so no need to use either Rythmik as a shelf.

I've never used any Herbie's products for isolation. I've been using Symposium stuff for several years - was really sold when I put a Segue ISO under my TT and it eliminated all feedback.