Thread: Going dual sub help?

Default Going dual sub help?

I have an SVS PB1000 that is good for the money but I'm not really fond of the looks of it. Bulky and I just don't love it in my room. I have a deal to buy dual RSL Speedwoofer 10S subs for 700 bucks so keep that in mind.
    What do you think in general with this idea? Anything in the Rythmik lineup that would fit my criteria? Any ideas from any sub manufacturers or should I just buy a second PB1000 and live with the looks? Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Going dual sub help?

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    I have an SVS PB1000 that is good for the money but I'm not really fond of the looks of it. Bulky and I just don't love it in my room. I have a deal to buy dual RSL Speedwoofer 10S subs for 700 bucks so keep that in mind.
    What do you think in general with this idea? Anything in the Rythmik lineup that would fit my criteria? Any ideas from any sub manufacturers or should I just buy a second PB1000 and live with the looks? Thanks for any help.
    Outside of looks, what are you looking for in a sub(s). What criteria are judging on?
    -curtis

Basically just looking to go dual which I know I could use because bass is very uneven in my room. I'd like something more compact than the PB1000. It's about 75% movies, 25% music.a lot of that music is 5.1 music. If in the end another PB1000 is the best choice or right choice then so be it. I'll go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    I think I had the same SVS sub years ago and I was never happy with the sound. It never sounded tight no matter what I did with placement or equalization. I agree that having two subs will be a big improvement but I'd suggest either two L12s if you want sealed or two LV12s if you want ported. I think these are a step up from the RSL and there are many happy Rythmik customers on here.
    Nate

If you’re not prepared to spend the time to learn how to dial in dual subs, it could do more harm than good. Dual subs don’t magically smooth out response on their own. With that said, if you’re serious about bass, I wouldn’t start smaller than 15”. You’re going to get way more output and less distortion than if you go 12” or smaller.

and with dual subs, should probably pick up a miniDSP 2x4 HD, UMIK mic, and download a free copy of REW. Works wonders for dialing in multiple subs