Thread: Introducing the Sierra-2EX!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-2EX!!!

I just upgraded/down graded from the s2 to a custom pair of nrt with ex woofers. The ribbons were too tame for my taste and personally preferred the nrt dome for rock. I personally can't imagine a woofer sounding any better. Special thanks to Dave for working with me and making my speakers custom. American made cabinets look great for any one considering and imo the ex woofer is well worth the additional cost. Thanks Dave and Dina. You guys are the best!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crk140 View Post
    I just upgraded/down graded from the s2 to a custom pair of nrt with ex woofers. The ribbons were too tame for my taste and personally preferred the nrt dome for rock. I personally can't imagine a woofer sounding any better. Special thanks to Dave for working with me and making my speakers custom. American made cabinets look great for any one considering and imo the ex woofer is well worth the additional cost. Thanks Dave and Dina. You guys are the best!!!!!
    That sounds awesome! With all the attention the RAAL tweeters get it's easy to forget how good those NrT tweeters are. I had them prior to converting them to Sierra-2's. They definitely do rock.

The main thing I got from going to the RAALs was how more "Real" things sounded. The NrT has huge energy as frequency rises rather than rolling off, so it could get a bit "Bitey" at times, really good for certain genres of music like rock, metal, etc. On the downside to that it could over emphasize sibilance......to me. The RAAL gave me all the detail without all that "SSSSSSSSSSibilance", presenting a natural sounding presentation.

I wouldn't mind having a 2nd set of Sierra's w/NrT's to listen to on occasion.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post

I wouldn't mind having a 2nd set of Sierra's w/NrT's to listen to on occasion.
    I'm sure Dave & Dina would sell you a pair. JK ...

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I'm sure Dave & Dina would sell you a pair. JK ...
    That is a steep moss covered slope my friend.........
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    That is a steep moss covered slope my friend.........
    Ed,
    apologies if you were offended. none was meant.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Crk140 View Post
    You are very welcome and thanks for putting your confidence in us. We are thrilled you are enjoying them -- the EX woofer is really something special.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com