Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
I don't think that this will do anything with the problem, unless the LFE gain the reciever was maxed out and it was passing noise to the subwoofer. However, it could cause a problem. If the level coming out of the reciever is low enough, then the auto-on from the subwoofer may not be activated. I ran into this problem about 10 years ago with my Outlaw subwoofer. When I was listening at lower volumes late at night I was confused why my subwoofer would not come on most of the time except when there was a high level of bass, whereas when watching movies at other times it was fine. The fix was to increase the gain in the reciever and decrease the gain at the subwoofer.
You are probably right, I just thought it might be worth a shot to try it. Receivers can do some funny things that you don't expect once in a while. I found that I've had to turn my subwoofers down pretty far or else Audyssey will set everything to -10 dB and it will sound way off as it was overcompensating for the bass. Once I turned the subs down a little more and re-ran Audyssey, it gave me much more realistic levels and I was able to play around with the bass a little more.

I had that auto on problem with a little Martin Logan HTIB subwoofer that was my first foray into home theater. Replacing that dinky thing with two Rythmik F12's was like going from a Volkswagon Bug to a Ferrari.