Page 19 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I noticed that the new, smaller woofer has a 6-hole pattern Vs. the larger woofer in the Sierra-2 having only a 4-hole pattern. Any particular reason for this?
    For the Sierra-2, remember, Dave had paid for the tooling to have SEAS match the hole pattern of the Sierra-1/NrT woofer, to make upgrades easier.
    Last edited by curtis; 03-30-2016 at 06:50 AM.
    -curtis

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post

Also, since you took the time to design a front ported design to allow near/on wall placement, are the binding posts recessed?
    I too was thinking about this. But given the port design assumed this would not be the case.

Looking forward to owning a couple sets.

Now a center of this design would fill out the family.

Congratulations on your new Baby!!!
    Last edited by Chucka; 03-30-2016 at 04:15 PM.

It's beautiful! Dave, will all of the finishes have the reveal lines (which i LOVE!), or just the cabinets made in the US? I can't wait to order a pair (or two) of those in Espresso to match my RAAL Towers!

Wow, those look great. I'm thinking a pair of these with a nice sub in a smallish room would be an outstanding 2.1 system for music.

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    Wow, those look great. I'm thinking a pair of these with a nice sub in a smallish room would be an outstanding 2.1 system for music.
    I have been planning to get a pair of CBM-170SE to upgrade my L/R mains (supported by the L12 Rythmik sub I already have), but now I MUST wait and see at what price point the baby Sierras will be.

I have height and depth constraints given my room layout and furniture, so if I can get a pair of small speakers that would sound even better than the CBM-170SE, I do not mind spending the extra money if the price is reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    but now I MUST wait and see at what price point the baby Sierras will be.
    Naming conventions are gone with the wind. Looks like every one likes calling them baby seirras

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    Naming conventions are gone with the wind. Looks like every one likes calling them baby seirras
    That's only because the father has not yet picked a name!

Wondering when these will be ready for a listen? I'm heading back from San Diego next week and would be happy to take one for the team, stop in, and write up a brief review.

If there's any thoughts on finish yet I'm hoping for satin black bamboo. I think that would work really well on such a small speaker. Also it's good for folks who like to go grill-less - the inserts for the grill plugs stand out less.

I'm seeing that as an option for the towers, but not the Sierra 2's?