Page 15 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Dave,

I would be all in for a WTW center and 2 Sierra R-Sat to go with my L-R Sierra 2's. I am thinking that a WTW would be a better choice for a center than one R-Sat (Sierra 2 is too big for my available space). Do you agree that I should wait for the WTW? And do you have a rough idea when you might get to the WTW center?

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

My two cents about the name, I think Sierra SatX (X being the R, S or D designation) rolls off the tongue better than putting the designation before "Sat." Like Sierra SatR rather than Sierra R-Sat. Or some other mark rather than a hyphen. Like Sat|R.

I'm no brand naming guy, but would it make sense to keep the sat names consistent with the full sierras?

E.g. Sierra 1 + sierra sat 1, Sierra 1 nrt + sierra sat 1 nrt, Sierra 2 + sierra 2 sat.

Or, rename Sierra 1 to Sierra D/N, and Sierra 2 to Sierra R and then also name the sats D/N/R

I've typed the word "sierra" too many times and now it looks weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pj- View Post

Or, rename Sierra 1 to Sierra D/N, and Sierra 2 to Sierra R and then also name the sats D/N/R

I've typed the word "sierra" too many times and now it looks weird to me.
    Might caution you using DNR in the naming........Do Not Recessitate

These sats are already dead on arrival. Ha!

How about Sierra-M (Mini) or Sierra-S (Satellite)??

Personally I like Sierra-S which is in line with Sierra-1 & Sierra-2..

You can name them Sierra-S (dome version), Sierra-S w/ NrT and Sierra-S w/ RAAL

Dave, other than the name of the new satellite speakers, have you thought about placement options?

If these satellites are intended to be used as surrounds, will you offer flush mount option?

I am thinking maybe you can design sound kind of bracket mount system and flush mount to wall by first secure the bracket to wall then hung the satellite on the brackets?
    Last edited by justthinking; 03-02-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    How about Sierra-M (Mini) or Sierra-S (Satellite)??

Personally I like Sierra-S which is in line with Sierra-1 & Sierra-2..

You can name them Sierra-S (dome version), Sierra-S w/ NrT and Sierra-S w/ RAAL

Dave, other than the name of the new satellite speakers, have you thought about placement options?

If these satellites are intended to be used as surrounds, will you offer flush mount option?

I am thinking maybe you can design sound kind of bracket mount system and flush mount to wall by first secure the bracket to wall then hung the satellite on the brackets?
    Excellent! I really like Sierra-S, can further expand to Sierra -SR (for ribbon). Somewhat reminds of a stunning Carrera S that I just drove past ( a sign perhaps )

We will definitely have a flush mount option.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I really like Sierra-S, can further expand to Sierra -SR (for ribbon).
    Hmmm, might want to stay away from Sierra-SNrT.... While there's a certain humor, you probably don't want to be the guy to market a speaker known as the "snort".

Sierra-S is perfect Dave!
    Video: JVC RS540 w/Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH / HDFury Vertex 2 w/Dolby Vision
    Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
    7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 Ex (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
    2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
    4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
    Theater Pics / Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    All drawings are finished and with our cabinet maker. 2-3 weeks for first prototype... Keeping fingers crossed that the Sat will perform as well or better than the modeling predicted.

I am thinking R-Sat for the ribbon version. N-Sat for the NrT dome version. D-Sat for standard dome version. Thoughts?
    Will there be enough of a price/performance differentiation to make it worthwhile to have three models?

Speaking of price, any recent thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    Will there be enough of a price/performance differentiation to make it worthwhile to have three models?

Speaking of price, any recent thoughts on that?
    The main reason, I suspect, for the three versions is to offer a matching Satellite for each version of regular Sierra ("-1", "NrT" & "-2").

I too am curious as to final pricing.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables