Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Upgrade instructions with video!

Default Re: Sierra-2 Upgrade instructions with video!

Glad you got it sorted, Natural1 (Natural1 is a UFO song - not sure if that was your inspiration for your user name)
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Glad you got it sorted, Natural1 (Natural1 is a UFO song - not sure if that was your inspiration for your user name)
    I think that song is "Natural Thing" right?

Anyway, it's an old High School nickname. From many, many years ago.

you're right on that...my mistake (must be old age - don't know how many times I've listened to Strangers in the Night)
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

I was checking the cut-outs on my Horizon for ELX upgrade and had difficulty with the woofers, as well. I used a small Allen head wrench to pry gently in the screw hole, working my way around all 4 holes. Worked really well. Posting in this thread as it should also work on the S2EX woofers.

One of my EX woofers stuck as well. I used two Allen keys in opposing holes and turned the woofer frame in the cutout which loosened it up.

Some really great tips here on removing a stuck woofer. Another good one is to use a cheap dental pick.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi All - I’m trying to switch my EX and LX enclosures. I prefer the natural finish my EX speakers have, so would like to swap out the espresso finished cabinets my LXs have since the LX are in my main listening room. Anyway, I’m having a heck of a time removing one of the connectors from one of the LX woofers. Any tips to get it to budge? I’m trying not to use too much force so I don’t break anything. I’ve done a few upgrade kits and don’t recall having this issue much difficulty before.

As an FYI the LXs are factory and not from an upgrade kit.

Thanks!

When I did my Towers, I had a couple of tough connectors. I used needle nose pliers to wiggle it back and forth (meaning side to side) and then to pull it off. On one, I also applied a bit of pressure with these pliers on the sides to help loosen.

I also used these to compress a couple of connectors when reassembling as they were too loose on the new drivers.

I didn’t have one, but maybe a very fine pick (likely l-shaped) to insert at the top of the connector between it and the spade to break loose

Quote Originally Posted by RMW View Post
    Hi All - I’m trying to switch my EX and LX enclosures. I prefer the natural finish my EX speakers have, so would like to swap out the espresso finished cabinets my LXs have since the LX are in my main listening room. Anyway, I’m having a heck of a time removing one of the connectors from one of the LX woofers. Any tips to get it to budge? I’m trying not to use too much force so I don’t break anything. I’ve done a few upgrade kits and don’t recall having this issue much difficulty before.

As an FYI the LXs are factory and not from an upgrade kit.

Thanks!
    Please feel free to give us a call at the office tomorrow. We have a lot of little tricks to remove the faston terminals.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I spoke with Dina this afternoon and she gave me a couple of pointers. I now have LXs in natural and EXs in Espresso. ��

Thanks!
    Ryan