Robert Gordon w/Link Wray from the LP, 'Fresh Fish Special' - "The Way I Walk"
Solid vocals, guitar, bass, and drums!! It's the very first song I played when I hooked up my new Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbons! I was floored! And, No subwoofer! Even, my wife paid attention, and she's rather passive when it comes to music.
This is definitely a really fun record - the entire record, to show off the Ascends! Just wait for, "Twenty Flight Rock"!!!

I think there are some really great choices! I know that when I was notified my Sierra Towers had shipped back in November 2020, I was trying to decide what I wanted to listen to first. Not an easy decision. I was getting ready to disconnect my Paradigm Monitor 7 V. 5 towers that were also connected to my Mirage subwoofer. It was a nice marriage that had been working quite well since around 2009 for my 2 channel front end!
No question; it was a leap of faith to buy new towers (end game speakers for me) that had 5.25" woofers!! My Paradigm's have 5.25" woofers!! Seems like a rather lateral move!!
I had already considered several brands that offered towers with 6" & 8" woofers! I spent months shopping. Not to mention; my budget started at about $1,500 for a pair! Even one or two brands had a subwoofer built into the tower. To shorten a long story; after about 30 (Yes, 30!) emails between David and myself, I decided to buy the Ascends! Glad I did, too!!

- Greg