Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 43444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Man, folks are excited for this stuff...

While that's all in good fun, I have to wonder. Dave, you've been releasing new stuff at a furious pace lately. The LXs. V2 upgrades for Lunas, Duos, and EXs. New 340s. Hints at new Horizon and new Towers. Have you ever released so many things so quickly before? I've been a customer and active on this forum for about a dozen years now, and I don't remember anything quite like this. You must be keeping Dina crazy busy...
    That Klippel must be running 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes, in fact - we are going to start discussing this over the holiday weekend and actual shipping will start this coming Monday.... This is a big one, we have saved the best for last
    The suspense is killing me.....I've got the drum roll started and the confetti ready for your upcoming "speaker reveal" party.....

Definitely an exciting time to be an Ascend fan, but it won't be easy on the wallet....

Me too! I check here every day waiting for an update.

Since there wont be a visually symmetrical LX center, I'm hoping that Dave does a Klippel optimized and refreshed Horizon Center V2 to match with it.

Quote Originally Posted by plehpleh View Post
    Since there wont be a visually symmetrical LX center, I'm hoping that Dave does a Klippel optimized and refreshed Horizon Center V2 to match with it.
    They are doing the Horizon v2. I believe there will be same options as the new Towers/Tower upgrades.

I ordered the upgrade kits for my RAAL Towers & RAAL Horizon - new cross-overs, new woofers, new midrange.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

I REALLY WANT to hear this.... I've been drooling since Dave put it out there...
    I GUARANTEE it sounds Mint.
    Last edited by davef; 06-07-2023 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Profanity will not be tolerated

So,

I have a question that I probably already know the answer to. Just ordered a pair of Titan towers to replace my LXs. I have a Duo V2 but want to replace that with the Horizon once I figure out how I am going to fit it into my system. I was going to order the Titan version of the Horizon, but my gut feeling says that the Raal version will be superior for center duty. In this use case, is there a wide gap between the performance of the two?

Thanks,

Hawk
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    So,

I have a question that I probably already know the answer to. Just ordered a pair of Titan towers to replace my LXs. I have a Duo V2 but want to replace that with the Horizon once I figure out how I am going to fit it into my system. I was going to order the Titan version of the Horizon, but my gut feeling says that the Raal version will be superior for center duty. In this use case, is there a wide gap between the performance of the two?

Thanks,

Hawk
    Very subjective as far as the "gap" is concerned. I'd say for HT, stick with the Titan. I love my LX's upfront for "do all" system, but I sure I would be just as happy with 2EX's.

That said, why did you go with the Titan towers? What swayed you over the RAAL?
    Last edited by curtis; 06-09-2023 at 03:47 PM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Very subjective as far as the "gap" is concerned. I'd say for HT, stick with the Titan. I love my LX's upfront for "do all" system, but I sure I would be just as happy with 2EX's.

That said, why did you go with the Titan towers? What swayed you over the RAAL?
    Honestly, the price deferential and the fact that I read that the Titan is perfectly acceptable for HT. 90% of the use of this system will be HT. Just thought that perhaps the Raal will shine a little more in center duty than the Titan.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    So,

Thanks,

Hawk
    For HT usage, the RAAL does offer slightly better dialogue clarity and detail, but I would say the gap is small and you are perfectly OK going with the the Titan version.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com