Page 269 of 271 FirstFirst ... 264265266267268269270271 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2707

Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

you're welcome. As I recall, I think they are double-boxed, plus there needs to be room for the packaging material to keep them safe in shipment.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by yummypuppy View Post
    Does anyone know if two towers can fit in a small sedan (an IS-250)? I see the measurements are 43 inches but not sure with the box if two would fit comfortably in say the back seat (pretty sure it won't fit in the trunk).
    dimensions of current tower box:

50" length x 13 1/4" width x 17 1/4" high

one speaker per box.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

oh wow that's bigger than i thought! might actually be a challenge fitting that in a car. thanks for taking the measurements!
    For local pickups, we often remove the outer box which does shrink the overall dimensions a bit. If you get a chance, give us a call at the office and speak with Dina. We have gotten good at fitting seemingly impossibly sized boxes into cars
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

oh wow that's bigger than i thought! might actually be a challenge fitting that in a car. thanks for taking the measurements!
    If you lay your passage seat flat down it may fit right next to you while you drive them home
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

Quote Originally Posted by msound View Post
    If you lay your passage seat flat down it may fit right next to you while you drive them home
    That typically works, we also have slightly smaller boxes available for local pickups.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I noticed there is now a v2 of the towers, was curious what changed. Also saw talk of an upgrade kit a few pages back, was curious what is changed. Though I dunno if it will even be worth it though as I’m not sure I can imagine using the towers as surrounds, and I am quite sure eventually I will cave and order the ELX, though I’m super torn about which tweeters to go for (and of course same for upgrading my -2’s to EX or LX lol).

I am also curious how the two tweeters might sound together? Is the sound signature close enough that it won’t be an issue to for example use raal for mains and center if I ever add one, but the titans for the surrounds and eventual wides?

I love the raal for music and they do great with dialogue, but in a lot of ways I suspect the titan and lx are more suited to my main use which is HT especially given the midbass punch and subwoofer to cover the bottom end, I just dunno if I can sacrifice the clarity on the mains.

I also just dread the effort involved in shipping my current towers, but if I get ELX it would make no sense to keep them as I have no space or extra rooms to put them in. I guess if nothing else upgrading to v2 would make em easier to sell and probably help me delay buying ELX lol.

As I understand, v1 to v2 is the new cross-over.
    ELX have the new cross-over, new midrange (S2EX) and bass (LX) drivers, and tweeter (Titan or the same RAAL).
    You can do the Tower upgrades to v2 or ELX yourself.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia0287 View Post
    I noticed there is now a v2 of the towers, was curious what changed. Also saw talk of an upgrade kit a few pages back, was curious what is changed. Though I dunno if it will even be worth it though as I’m not sure I can imagine using the towers as surrounds, and I am quite sure eventually I will cave and order the ELX, though I’m super torn about which tweeters to go for (and of course same for upgrading my -2’s to EX or LX lol).

I am also curious how the two tweeters might sound together? Is the sound signature close enough that it won’t be an issue to for example use raal for mains and center if I ever add one, but the titans for the surrounds and eventual wides?

I love the raal for music and they do great with dialogue, but in a lot of ways I suspect the titan and lx are more suited to my main use which is HT especially given the midbass punch and subwoofer to cover the bottom end, I just dunno if I can sacrifice the clarity on the mains.

I also just dread the effort involved in shipping my current towers, but if I get ELX it would make no sense to keep them as I have no space or extra rooms to put them in. I guess if nothing else upgrading to v2 would make em easier to sell and probably help me delay buying ELX lol.
    Which tweeters do you have in your towers now?
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    As I understand, v1 to v2 is the new cross-over.
    ELX have the new cross-over, new midrange (S2EX) and bass (LX) drivers, and tweeter (Titan or the same RAAL).
    You can do the Tower upgrades to v2 or ELX yourself.
    Oh, so ELX is still the same cabinet? That makes things much simpler and yeah already have raal cause I matched them to my sierras upgraded to 2s (started as 1 then nrt then 2, then all then guts for moved to custom satin white cabinets) that I plan to do one of the upgrades to, I just can’t decide which.

Now I’ll also have to pick mains or surrounds to upgrade first, but I’ll probably do surrounds just because I imagine the towers will be expensive due to the driver count lol.
    Last edited by amnesia0287; 08-12-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Yes, the ELX is the same cabinet. You'll need to check the woofer cut-out size - if it's a bit small, you will likely have to either sand around the cutout or (better) the drivers. Mine were ok. If memory serves correct, you'll need 156.4 mm diameter at a minimum. The instructions are really clear and there are some tips/tricks in this thread, as I recall.

Not sure what the current ELX upgrade cost is. I bought mine towards the end of last year at the introductory pricing. It was like $1000 per Tower (V1 to ELX upgrade, keeping the RAAL) and $1060 for the Horizon. Plus shipping. Total for all 3 speakers was like $3130. Worth every penny.