Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your favorite bands/artists?

Default Re: What are your favorite bands/artists?

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Wow, I almost never find people who have heard of them. I first got into Sink because of the crazy bass guitar sounds. I like Glyph a lot too.
    I put Sink on our office music server a while ago simply because I really enjoy it and it is just so different. I should probably put Glyph on there too. Check out Tiamat, I think you would enjoy them. Prey is a fantastic album, dark and extremely melodic.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I put Sink on our office music server a while ago simply because I really enjoy it and it is just so different. I should probably put Glyph on there too. Check out Tiamat, I think you would enjoy them. Prey is a fantastic album, dark and extremely melodic.
    Thanks! I got a sneak listen at work and I'm looking forward to a proper listen when I get home

Old thread and kind of an "albums" vs bands answer in places but anyway...

El Ten Eleven is good for instrumental/background stuff. 2-person guitar+drums looper band. Phenomenal to watch if you can ever see them live.
    Historically, Robert Randolph & The Family Band was amazing live and one of my absolute favorites, IMHO the old archive.org concerts are better than the albums because you get some exceptionally long jams and the CDs are all super short tracks
    Headphones especially, I like the early Shins stuff. Broken Bells (same guy) + danger mouse sounds good though I'm into the songs less.
    Fountains of Wayne, or at least the Welcome Interstate Managers album (good road trip album)
    all Van Halen, particularly the later stuff (I prefer Sammy's era, but Dave is solid) and Fair Warning (Dave)
    Iron Maiden, particularly Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
    Alice Cooper's Trash is a weird GNR-era Glam Rock Masterpiece with great production even if you don't like Alice Cooper
    Guns N Roses, especially Live Era 92-93 which is amazing
    The Band, particularly the Last Waltz live album
    Warren Zevon, particularly some of the earlier stuff.
    If you like video game music, the Minibosses are some of my favorites, check out the Megaman 2 medley on Brass
    Blitzen Trapper
    Blueman Group, particularly The Complex Rock Tour album (also, nice bass!)
    Neil Young
    Deep Purple
    Derek and the Dominoes
    Santana
    Parts & Labor is an interesting noise rock band
    The Flaming Lips (heck of a party live)
    Gov't Mule and the Allman Brothers (Hittin' the Note is a well produced "recent" album)
    Sigur Ros, Jonsi's solo stuff (too lazy for inserting correct accent marks, sorry)
    The Wallflowers when they still had Jaffe playing
    Neil Young
    Perrey & Kingsley (of the Baroque Hoedown / Electric Light Parade song fame)
    Pink Floyd, especially Meddle /Wish You Were Here / etc

Quote Originally Posted by laserllama View Post
    Old thread and kind of an "albums" vs bands answer in places but anyway...

El Ten Eleven is good for instrumental/background stuff. 2-person guitar+drums looper band. Phenomenal to watch if you can ever see them live.
    Historically, Robert Randolph & The Family Band was amazing live and one of my absolute favorites, IMHO the old archive.org concerts are better than the albums because you get some exceptionally long jams and the CDs are all super short tracks
    Headphones especially, I like the early Shins stuff. Broken Bells (same guy) + danger mouse sounds good though I'm into the songs less.
    Fountains of Wayne, or at least the Welcome Interstate Managers album (good road trip album)
    all Van Halen, particularly the later stuff (I prefer Sammy's era, but Dave is solid) and Fair Warning (Dave)
    Iron Maiden, particularly Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
    Alice Cooper's Trash is a weird GNR-era Glam Rock Masterpiece with great production even if you don't like Alice Cooper
    Guns N Roses, especially Live Era 92-93 which is amazing
    The Band, particularly the Last Waltz live album
    Warren Zevon, particularly some of the earlier stuff.
    If you like video game music, the Minibosses are some of my favorites, check out the Megaman 2 medley on Brass
    Blitzen Trapper
    Blueman Group, particularly The Complex Rock Tour album (also, nice bass!)
    Neil Young
    Deep Purple
    Derek and the Dominoes
    Santana
    Parts & Labor is an interesting noise rock band
    The Flaming Lips (heck of a party live)
    Gov't Mule and the Allman Brothers (Hittin' the Note is a well produced "recent" album)
    Sigur Ros, Jonsi's solo stuff (too lazy for inserting correct accent marks, sorry)
    The Wallflowers when they still had Jaffe playing
    Neil Young
    Perrey & Kingsley (of the Baroque Hoedown / Electric Light Parade song fame)
    Pink Floyd, especially Meddle /Wish You Were Here / etc
    Great list -- interesting that you started with El Ten Eleven. I recommended them a while back, good stuff!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Great list -- interesting that you started with El Ten Eleven. I recommended them a while back, good stuff!
    El Ten Eleven has been opening for Peter Hook and the Light off and on during the current tour. Unfortunately, Houston was one of the "off" dates so I didn't get to see them. PH&TL were still awesome, though.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.