Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

"Opiate²"!

This is a reimagined version of an old song from TOOL's first album. Man, they need to get going on a new album before Danny's too geriatric to play anymore!
    Last edited by Pogre; 03-02-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    "Opiate²"!

This is a reimagined version of an old song from TOOL's first album. Man, they need to get going on a new album before Danny's too geriatric to play anymore!
    Back when I worked at a record store in the 90's I started ordering vinyl copies of new releases because they were so cheap. Store cost for LP was like $3-4 vs. $8-9 for CD. Plus I could see the quantities were much, much lower and after a few orders I even saw that LP's had different, more expanded artwork. Thus, I just started ordering everything for myself. One of those albums was Tool - Ænima. I wasn't particularly a fan of Tool but I had the album anyways, and it sat in my record collection unplayed for years and years. Recently I listed and sold a batch of records on eBay, and that's when I realized how valuable that Tool record is for some reason. Depending on the pressing and condition, Ænima prices ranged from $900 up to $2,500. I did list my copy for sale and had tons of inquiries, detailed photo requests, etc. I obliged with the interest for weeks until I just had enough and decided to keep it. I still haven't played it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    "Opiate²"!

Listened to this last night as it popped up on my Spotify account. I very much preferred the original.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Life of Agony - River Runs Red

I believe this came out in 1994 in the midst of moshable heavy music, and I remember how I had never heard this singing style paired with this genre before. They borrowed the drummer from Type O Negative for this album. The singer left the band, being replaced by Whitfield Crane of Ugly Kid Joe. Then they disbanded and reunited years later with the original singer now coming out as transgendered.

Pist-On - Number One

Sludgy and heavy but catchy songwriting and accessible to get into. Mostly clean vocals and backing vocal harmonies. I especially like their cover of The Smith's "Shoplifters Of The World". I get Type O Negative vibes from this album.

I guess I'm in a Type O Negative mood today so I should probably listen to that too.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Listened to this last night as it popped up on my Spotify account. I very much preferred the original.
    I like them both a lot. Us long time TOOL fans are used to being so starved for new material any bone they toss us is a treat, lol.

The original is recorded differently tho. Their first 2 albums weren't overly compressed victims of the loudness wars.

Limited selection for me at the moment as out of country trying to help my wife get back as she has a herniated disk. But i did bring a usb with about 1000 songs. Luckily I have both Tool and Type O Negative tracks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Limited selection for me at the moment as out of country trying to help my wife get back as she has a herniated disk. But i did bring a usb with about 1000 songs. Luckily I have both Tool and Type O Negative tracks on it.
    Nice. Do you like Carnivore too? You can hear some of Type O's signature sounds in it.

I recently discovered this Indian metal group, "Bloodywood" and was immediately really impressed with them. They manage to mix a few instruments and rhythms from their culture into a metal song that legit kicks some ass! Right down to the title even. "Machi Bhasad (Expect A Riot)".

That song straight up kicks ass!

Jimmy's Chicken Shack - Pushing the Salmanilla Envelope

Haven’t heard Carnivore. Will try to check them out when I get back to US