Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Just listened to this, I was not familiar with this band. That's some good old fashioned Rock & Roll! Enjoying it - thanks!
    You're welcome, Dave. Apparently they've been around for some time (that EP is 1994) although I only recently discovered them (don't recall how).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Mike -- this is fantastic. Is there a CD?
    Yep, here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/Live-a-Fip/dp/B002RSH2GS

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Ordered, thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

"Wasteland" by Riverside

2 CD + DVD Special Edition set
    Released in 2018
    Riverside is a progressive rock band from Poland. A band that I had noticed on Burning Shed's (online music shop in England) site for quite some time. I finally decided to check them out a couple of weeks back. 👍🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Cajon View Post
    "Wasteland" by Riverside

2 CD + DVD Special Edition set
    Released in 2018
    Riverside is a progressive rock band from Poland. A band that I had noticed on Burning Shed's (online music shop in England) site for quite some time. I finally decided to check them out a couple of weeks back. ����
    Riverside is fantastic, I believe I recommended them a long time ago.

Since you like them, be sure to also check out OSI, Antimatter, and My Sleeping Karma. OSI "Blood" is terrific, listening to it right now.

Riverside's latest release, ID.Entity is very good, but may favorite from them is Shrine Of New Generation Slaves, every album is very good.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave; Thinking back, I do believe you did mention Riverside! Well; I went in deep! Lol!
    Right now; I'm listening to the triple vinyl, 'Lost 'n' Found - Live in Tilburg'. It's Hot Pink, no less!! Ha! Included are 2 CDs that feature the entire concert. Great recording!

These are the titles, I have so far (all on CD)..

Out Of Myself
    Second Life Syndrome
    Anno Domini High Definition
    Shrine Of New Generation Slaves
    Wasteland
    ID: Entity

The two below are on the way..

Rapid Eye Movement
    Love, Fear, and the Time Machine

I also have Reality Dream Trilogy & Eye of the Soundscape, & Wasteland Tour 2018 - 2020 incoming.

In my reseach, I discovered, Lunatic Soul. Last week, I received, Fractured. Really enjoy it!!
    I went ahead and ordered the other six Lunatic Soul albums. All on CD, as well.

I will look into the other bands you mentioned, too!! Thanks!
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 03-06-2023 at 06:30 AM.

Dave; Thinking back, I do believe you did mention Riverside! Well; I went in deep! Lol!
    Right now; I'm listening to the triple vinyl, 'Lost 'n' Found - Live in Tilburg'. It's Hot Pink, no less!! Ha! Included are 2 CDs that feature the entire concert. Great recording!

These are the titles, I have so far (all on CD)..

Out Of Myself
    Second Life Syndrome
    Anno Domini High Definition
    Shrine Of New Generation Slaves
    Wasteland
    ID: Entity

The two below are on the way..

Rapid Eye Movement
    Love, Fear, and the Time Machine

I also have Reality Dream Trilogy & Eye of the Soundscape, & Wasteland Tour 2018 - 2020 incoming.

In my reseach, I discovered, Lunatic Soul. Last week, I received, Fractured. Really enjoy it!!
    I went ahead and ordered the other six Lunatic Soul albums. All on CD, as well.

I will look into the other bands you mentioned, too!! Thanks!
    Fantastic collection! Lunatic Soul is another great band, actually founded by the lead singer of Riverside, so no surprise you are enjoying them

Definitely check out Antimatter, and also Anathema, RPWL, Green Carnation... Ah, so much music, so little time
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I heard the song "Melody" by The Rolling Stones a few weeks ago on some random playlist. Fantastic song but I'd never heard it before - been a very casual Stones listener, never really dug into their music. Anyway, this made me wonder how many other great songs they've made that I'd never heard, which, well - led me to listen to every one of their 25 studio albums. I finally finished this journey last night.

Holy. Crap. Whole new appreciation. They have made a LOT of great music, most of it way better than the standard hits. Their early stuff rocks. Their late stuff rocks. Consistent great music from one end of their career to the other. Very little if any filler on any records (compared to the Beatles who stuffed every record with throwaway songs.)

Anyway, in case anyone wants to check it out, here's a playlist I made of the great Stones songs you likely never heard (full disclosure there are some Stones standards on here - the ones I really like). https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0j...tion=copy-link

'Walking on a Flashlight Beam' - Lunatic Soul

'Walking on a Flashlight Beam' - Lunatic Soul
    Excellent recommendation, this album is fantastic - I listen to a lot of Lunatic Soul and enjoy all of their work.

I was watching a crazy foreign horror flick on Netflix the other night. In one of the scenes, they played a remix of the old 10cc classic "I'm Not In Love" It sounded amazing and the singer's voice impressed me (the movie was good too)

Anyway, found the remix version on Spotify and the artist is Kelsey Lu. Her only album "Blood" is excellent, listened to it several times in the past few days Check it out....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com