Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? (Music)

Default Re: What are you listening to? (Music)

Lately it has been some Marian Hill, Yosi Horikawa and Billie Eilish. Streamed from AppleMusic.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I'm a big Van Halen fan and this isn't anything new but ... 316 is an awesome speaker demo track on the RAALs. Just passing along!

If I didn't recommend it already Mammoth WVH's album it is also pretty good if you want bass. If you don't like it it's at least got a giant crab picture on it so that makes it worthwhile for that alone. Curious to see what he does next.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I treated myself to 2 full albums of Robin Trower earlier today, Bridge of Sighs (2007 remaster) and Where Are You Going To. If you are not familiar with Bridge of Sighs - it is a must listen.
    Great choices, Dave! I first saw him in 1987 at Mud Island in Memphis, then; Redondo Beach, CA @ The Strand (1988), back in Memphis during Memphis In May Musicfest around 1993. Finally in 2006 or so @ The New Daisy Theater. Unbelievable artist, and in concert; hang on!!! Lol!!!! Amazing!!
    "Bridge Of Sighs" is Legendary!!! All his albums are good. The first several are essential! I don't yet have his latest. It's on my short LP list.

On vinyl, I have, 'For Earth Below', 'Bridge Of Sighs', 'Caravan To Midnight', 'Victims Of The Fury', & 'Passion'.
    Last edited by Outlaw Cajon; 12-28-2022 at 05:53 AM.
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Lately it has been some Marian Hill, Yosi Horikawa and Billie Eilish. Streamed from AppleMusic.
    My daughter is a huge Billie Eilish fan, her music is basically streaming in my home 24/7...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by laserllama View Post
    I'm a big Van Halen fan and this isn't anything new but ... 316 is an awesome speaker demo track on the RAALs. Just passing along!

If I didn't recommend it already Mammoth WVH's album it is also pretty good if you want bass. If you don't like it it's at least got a giant crab picture on it so that makes it worthwhile for that alone. Curious to see what he does next.
    You are a wise person laserllama. Van Halen is IMO the greatest American rock band ever, and Edward Van Halen is my all time favorite musician by a long shot. Like many kids who grew up in the 80s, EVH was the main person who inspired me to learn the guitar. Van Halen always gets regular play on my home stereo. In fact, this mini statue in the picture here resides atop one of my speakers.

Sierra 2 EVH small.jpg

The Pineapple Thief "Versions Of The Truth" LP
    - Greg

Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL Ribbon (front) | Ascend Acoustics HTM-200 SE (rears) | Ascend Acoustics Duo (center) | Mirage Omni S10 10" Sub ||| Jolida JD302CRC 50wpc Integrated Tube Amp | Turntable: George Merrill PolyTable w/ Digital Motor Drive, Jelco SA-750e Tonearm, AudioQuest Wildcat Tonearm cable, Ortofon 2M Bronze MM Cart., Hagerman Labs Cornet3 Tube Phono Stage ||| Sony XBR65X81 CH 65" | Sony SA3100ES AVR | Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray | Oppo DV-980H CD

Stared on another thread and maybe mentioned already, but on the new ELX Towers so far the Blue Man Group's "Complex Rock Tour" album is about the best percussion demo track I've found, with all of the PVC pipes and toms and bass and stuff.

SOOOO good on the ELX's. Needs to be in your demo track rotation IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    In fact, this mini statue in the picture here resides atop one of my speakers.

Sierra 2 EVH small.jpg
    Awesome! It looks like it's sitting on top of a big Marshall stack.

And totally. They were my first favorite rock band and are still my favorite. His synthesizer stuff stuff (not so much Jump, but like everything) is good too. Got to see them a few times, first time being rather late in like 2006. So good and MUCH heavier than expected!

Eva Cassidy - Live at Blues Alley on 45 rpm vinyl, based on recommendation elsewhere on this forum. Really good album although I'm done ordering vinyl from Amazon - first one they sent the wrong album, second time there was a big scuff on one side. Re-ordered from Elusive Disk and a very good pressing (albeit not 100% perfect - I'm guessing it's the manufacturer)
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by laserllama View Post
    Stared on another thread and maybe mentioned already, but on the new ELX Towers so far the Blue Man Group's "Complex Rock Tour" album is about the best percussion demo track I've found, with all of the PVC pipes and toms and bass and stuff.

SOOOO good on the ELX's. Needs to be in your demo track rotation IMHO
    Thanks for this recommendation. I just purchased this CD
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com