Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 83848586878889 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

IMG_0675.jpg
    My New Sierra LX...All i can say it WOW!!
    System: Benchmark Media LA-4 Preamp, DAC 3 HGC, ABH2, Rega Planar 3 with Exact, Small green computer I5, Sonore Optical Module Deluxe and OpticalRendu, CD Transport Cambridge CXC.

Nice room Paddlefoot! What speakers did you replace?

I had a set of Martin Logan Classic 9 that you can see in the background, they are a little to big for the room. I ve had them for 2 years. I also had a pair of ATC smc19v2 that i just sold. they where very good for most of the music i played, but some of the music definitely needed a sub. I thought i would try the Sierra LX. these just blew me away with the sound, my son was here as well over the weekend and all he could say was WOW... cut after cut.. he couldn't believe how good they were, all the bottom end and punch you you ever wanted in a bookshelf speaker.
    I still cannot believe how they sound. The martin Logan are now up for sale along with the Martin Logan BF 210 sub. I am beyond pleased with the LX!

Nice placement of the smiling dookie pillow!

Plus one on the record room poster :-).
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

lolhahaha, a leftover from my schiit audio days

racrawford65: still love my records, love to clean them and do all the flipping rituals to care for them !

Me, too. I still have mine from when I was young. My collection is around 900 lps.
    I'm storing them in some Kallax shelves from IKEA - work credit with a little modification (I add a strip of like 1"x1" along the rear bottom so they don't push out.

What are you using to clean them? I started with a home-made ultrasonic (Vinyl stack - no longer in business - and cheap US tank from Amazon). Then went to VPI 16.5. A year or so ago, I purchase a Degritter (works great and so easy to use). I still have the VPI and only use it on second hand records as a pre-wash to the Degritter.
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Vinyl collectors may get a laugh from this...

CE70BE83-429A-494B-B77E-10791DA35013.jpeg

racrawford65: LOL, I use them too, for both cd and records!