Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

WOW those Sierra look real smooth, I'm guessing that's a custom color..very sweet indeed!

Djoel

No missing those retina burning bad boys!

Jay

SpeakersLivingRoom_DSC2811640.jpg[ATSpeakersLivingRoom_DSC2759640.jpgTACH]1148[/ATTACH]

Hope this works... This should show some pictures of my Sierra Towers & Horizon in Satin Espresso. This is natural light in a dim room with a bit of color correction attempted. -Dick Locke
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet looking room!

Default Re: It ain't much, but here it is ....

Quote Originally Posted by jahjd2000 View Post
    Here are some pictures of my recently acquired Sierra Towers and Horizon STC.

Gear:
    Samsung 52" LCD (for scale)
    Denon 4311
    Sierra Towers w/ NrT
    Sierra Horizon STC w/ NrT
    Surrounds: Def Tech dipole 1.2x
    Sub: Epik Empire

Attachment 722

Attachment 721

Attachment 723
    Picture of my Epik Empire and def tech dipole 1.2x for surround duty. I'm probably going to replace the def techs with the 170SE's.
    Attachment 724

Attachment 725

Attachment 726

Attachment 727

Attachment 728

If you don't mind me asking who is the maker of that cabinet? Its fantastic looking with that set up

Thanks. We agonized over the speaker color choice for quite a while and are really happy with the espresso. It goes well with the equipment stand and the fireplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Sweet looking room!

Here is mine. Sierra'2s. I'd like to spread them out a bit more, but the wife already hates my hobby so I need to keep it as "compact" looking as possible.

Last edited by diesel79; 01-04-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Just got my Black Bamboo Sierra 2's and Teac equipment setup in my man cave. Great job Dave, they are really, really outstanding.

Last edited by airs; 04-17-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airs View Post
    Just got my Black Bamboo Sierra 2's and Teac equipment setup in my man cave. Great job Dave, they are really, really outstanding.
    Very nice!! BTW, is that a SEGA Dreamcast? I still have one floating around this office somewhere that I kept here for my son to play with when he was like 2-3 yrs old and would spend the day with me at the office. Crazy Taxi was his favorite -- good memories for me
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I've been meaning to post pix for quite a while now!

The dining room during the day is the dining room/stereo room. The kids can access the iPad and stereo.
    The Ascend CBM-170 SEs are assigned to everyday stereo duty with an old Velodyne F-1500 on sub duty.

For movie night, one of the CBMs is moved to the rail on the right and connected to surround speaker wiring. The L and R surrounds can be moved anywhere along the rails for optimum positioning depending on how many rows of people are watching the movie.

4 ceiling acoustic panels usually stay up but can easily be removed in about 5 minutes, leaving only the hooks in the ceiling (2 per panel).
    theater_room_by_day.jpg

Then for movie nights, it transforms into the home theater. 120" screen, BenQ W1070 3D, Ascend Acoustics (Sierra front-stage and CBM-170/HTM-200 surrounds) all the way around 7.1, over 900 watts of Outlaw amplifier and dual Rythmik F12 subs. Also up to 20 acoustic absorption panels, depending on how loud it's going to be. Takes 45-60 minutes to set it all up.
    Sierra Tower mains and Sierra Horizon RAAL center (kinda hard to see as they also have black fabric shrouds on their tops to further reduce light reflections). HTM-200s are ceiling mounted just behind where I took the picture from.
    theater_room_setup.jpg
    The Ascends can REALLY rock with all the sound treatment in place - otherwise the sound just turns to mush if it's turned up very much.