Thread: Audio-transparent screens

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Audio-transparent screens

I recently moves and ended up with a new placement for my center channel instead of hanging it above my tv. I got a board from hardware store and propped up my tv ontop of it, with glass bricks underneath for support. It works brilliantly actually, and now I will not have holes in the wall and can adjust the position without issue. I tested the strength by standing on it, my tv weights less than half of me, so I figured all is well. Unfortunately the glass bricks were only about 8 in height and I have the 340 under there so I cannot angle the speaker upwards, but it still sounds good from my ear position to be honest.
    Anyways, with all that said: I wanted to sheath the whole setup in a black screen or cloth (maybe a tightly stapled sheet even). Is this possible without affecting the audio? Do I need special speaker grill screen material? Will a cloth sheet work, which is pretty ideal since I can swing by a local store and just pick that up for a few dollars.
    Here's a terrible picture from my cellphone, hopefully you can get an idea of what I'm talking about- lol

Oh yeah, I plan on building some stands for my 170's, but that comes later
    Attached Images Attached Images