Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ascend/Hsu review in DVD Etc.

dvd etc, hdtv etc, and widescreen review are my favorite magazines..... occasionaly the perfect vision....

i looked at the dvd etc this evening at barnes and nobles, but i must have missed that - going back tomorrow!

It is on page 100.

-curtis

Dang! I thunmbed thru it yesterday at the grocery store and missed it.

Maybe I caught it because I look at pictures.....

-curtis

I just read the article a few minutes ago. The author was fairly complementary to the package, but he didn't get into much detail. The article didn't really read like a review of the package. More like "... here is a 5.1 setup I like ..." with some adjectives thrown in. It is nice to see the Ascends getting more national exposure.

I agree...it was not a detailed article, but when he throws out this line:
    "In my opinion, the Ascend-Hsu combo is simply the best multi-channel speaker package under $1,300".

IMO, that says a lot to what he thought of the package. Also, I did not catch any hint of "between the lines" negative comments either.

I will bring the article into work tomorrow. Not sure if I can scan it and then post it, but I can fax it to some of you, especially if you do not mind faxing to others.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Maybe I caught it because I look at pictures.....

-curtis
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think Curtis has been conditioned from paging thru too many male oriented magazines. []

Curtis,

Could you scan it and email it around?

Derek

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Derek

Curtis,

Derek

Can't spare $5?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Quinn

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Derek

Curtis,

Derek

Can't spare $5?

LOL!! Cut the guy a break...he is VERY busy and probably can't get to the store. []

I'll see what I can do....not sure I will be able to scan it.

-curtis