Thread: music ??

I use stereo when listening to CDs.

Larry.H

Are you using Pro-logic 2 music mode? If so, check to see if your AVR has some parameters to play with, mine has ones for center width and 2 others, can't remember now, don't use it much for music.

I played with all the different modes but after a short while I knew it was going to be 2 channel for me. It might be that I have less than ideal placement for my surrounds but running anything other than 2 channel messed up the soundstage and seemed confusing to my ears. I agree with JohnnyC about double checking the parameters as I ran into this also. Wondered why most sound was coming from the center and I had the center width set narrow. Either way tho you shouldn't be hearing hollowness thru your Ascends no matter what so it's almost got to be settings or some other problem with your reciever.

Randy

I actually dislike music that was meant to be in two channel(or 2.1), played in any other format.

-curtis

i dont have the avr yet.im still using the rv704 yammy.No pro-logic2 on it.i am using pro-logic enhanced in phantom mode to get the sound to come out of the L/R only,sounds great but really bright at high volums.counting on the avr to mellow it out some at higher valums.