Thread: Mount rear (surround) Sierra's to ceiling?

Default Mount rear (surround) Sierra's to ceiling?

For reasons beyond my control, I need to mount my rear speakers to the ceiling and point them down toward the listening area. Does anyone have experience with this? Are there any good mounts/arms/etc that will work for the Sierra-1's?

Thanks.

Anyone ever used the B-Tech BT77 mounts with the Sierra's? I wondering if they'll be too close to the wall. It sucks that there's no place to get good brackets locally. I hate ordering things and having to pay to return them.

You could try an Omnimount 30 ceiling mount.

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    You could try an Omnimount 30 ceiling mount.
    Probably not using the threaded insert on the Sierra though...since it is not meant for that type of use.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
    Anyone ever used the B-Tech BT77 mounts with the Sierra's? I wondering if they'll be too close to the wall. It sucks that there's no place to get good brackets locally. I hate ordering things and having to pay to return them.
    These are probably what I would use, but I would mount to a ceiling beam, so I have free air behind the speaker.
    -curtis

What type of use is the threaded insert meant for?
    I thought the 30lb Omni-mount would work with it perfectly after reading about it.

Anyone ever used the B-Tech BT77 mounts with the Sierra's? I wondering if they'll be too close to the wall.
    I have used these and have recommended them to many of our customers. They work great with Sierra-1. We will probably be offering them on our website within the next month or so.

What type of use is the threaded insert meant for?
    I thought the 30lb Omni-mount would work with it perfectly after reading about it.
    The Sierra-1 is heavy and I don't recommend using the single threaded insert as the *only* support point when attaching to a wall mount bracket. The insert is there for securing to our TP-24 stand and possible future stands etc. That being said, you can use wood screws into the back of the speaker for securing wall mount brackets to the speaker.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just placed an order for the BT77's.

-Jeremy